GUN Dont ever get strangers in your building **VIDEO**

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jayhat, Jun 11, 2006.

1. jayhat

jayhat You have the personality of a dead moth.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

losing my wallet > losing my life

3. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

in a case like that, where' the guy is already point a gun at you, how do you expect to be able to even draw on the guy? or do you just give him the wallet, then draw on him?

4. jayhat

yeah I dont know. I guess id rather loose my wallet.:squint:

Maybe shoot him as he runs away with your wallet.... I mean he is armed.:noes:

5. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Even though i'm not old enough to CCW yet, I wonder the kind of situations I would acutally benefiet from carrying. One would assume most armed robberies, and muggings would be with a gun, but by the time you're aware of whats going on the bad guy already has his gun out. It puts you in a situation where if you draw, you have a greater risk of being shot, and killed like the guy in the video, than actually being able to get a shot off.

One thing i heard from someone on here or some other forum, is to throw the wallet at him to get him to catch it, and in the time he lessens his attention from you to concentrate on catching it, you draw. I wonder if that would work? And what exactly is the law like in these situations? Are you allowed to draw after you've given the BG your wallet and he's starting to leave, so you draw and tell him to stop? When he turns around with gun in hand, are you then allowed to blast him? I have so many what if scenarios, I still wonder if it's worth the risk of carrying, though i prolly will anyway, when i get old enough.

6. jayhat

I really dont know. I'm not old enough yet either, I will get my gun/CCW in 2 weeks. I know myself and in that situation I wouldnt have pulled a gun.

..... unless the fight had alreay begun. Then I would have.

7. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I was watching that on TV the other day at my a friends house, and when they start showing all of those mug shots he says "The guy is obviously black, why did that dumb ass waste his time looking at mug shots of mexican and white guys?" lol

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

You need to assess each situation individually. If you haven't practiced drawing and distraction techniques, you'll be at a pretty big disadvantage obviously. We can't say whether it'll work or not, each situation is unique because it involves people. I'd personally be hard pressed to think that a guy pointing a gun or knife at me has any other intentions besides killing me. From what I saw on Monday morning, and giving kudos to the first guy for having the sack to seize a chance, but if any of those guys had ever had any practice in disarming, they may have been more successful. His gun hand was apparently allowed to point wherever he wanted it to.

If he's still threatening you, it doesn't matter what you've given him, a threat is a threat. Do you know that this guy just wants your wallet or is he a career scumbag on parole with his 11ty billionth strike and looking to avoid going back to jail if you ID him...

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

There are some situations that having a gun doesn't help in. It's just the way it is. A positive outcome, your survival, means stacking the deck on your side.

Situational awareness. - It's late at night, you just watched a guy walk past the door, then come back and knock, walk past you, and then come back. Mildly suspicious.

Disarm training. - The man leaning on the bannister had a beautiful opportunity for a disarm with the perp fully extended and focused elsewhere, or, if armed, a covert draw while 'reaching for my wallet' .

Fair fight. - The only fair fight is the one you win. The only fight you should get into is the one you cannot possibly get out of. Fight dirty, fight hard, but fucking win the fight.

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

They needed to pay a lot more attention to that weapon.

11. CPipes

CPipes Shit definitely just got real!! OT Supporter

Shitty ass fucking people.

12. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Drawing in a drawn weapon is a bad idea. If their gun's out they have the upper hand on you. We had a similar situation to this one with a semi-enclosed ATM in the force on force trainer a few weeks back. Sometimes they'll leave after you give them the wallet. My second time thru a similar scenario the "badguy" wasn't going to just take the wallet. A distraction and a counter-strike...then RUN LIKE HELL can often work. Either way, don't let that guy in....

13. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

For situations like this I usually tell people to find a Krav Maga class near them and sign up. The classes can be expensive but they teach a lot of good disarming and self defense techniques.

14. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

But if he is running away he no longer poses a threat to you, and a prosecutor would have a hayday with the case, in criminal and civil cases. If I was ever carrying, and someone asked for my wallet, I'd give it to them. If they left, fine. If they hung around and acted like they were a threat to my life, I'd try to shoot them, or at least die trying.

15. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

What is Krav Maga?

16. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

Man thats sad :wtc:

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

vid doesnt load for me

18. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

As to Krav Maga I'll let someone who's trained in it explain more. But from what I know it's a back to basics survival oriented form of martial arts. Not as much on form, as on survival in a street type attack. My recent Close Encounters class tough similar strikes and blocks to Krav...too bad I'm broke :(

19. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If you're aware of what's going on around you then you're a lot less likely to get into a bad situation. If you're walking on a quiet street and someone is walking towards you then pay attention to what they're doing. If you're taking a shortcut through an alley and there are some guys bsing in the middle of it then turn around and go the long way or have your hand on your CCW. If you're in a locked building and someone knocks on the door to be let in then ask yourself "Why is this guy knocking if he's supposed to be here?"

They fucked up by letting him in. At least they tried to defend themselves instead of being mindless pussy sheep, though. If they'd known how to properly disarm the guy then they might have all gotten out of the mess without a shot fired.

20. Aequitas

Krav maga is a self defense technique which emphasizes the body's natural weaknesses and movements (there's quite a few moves where a blow to the nuts is envolved). It's used, I think, by the Israeli special forces. A lot of LEOs take it at the same place. It basically teaches you how best to avoid any kind of confrontation, but if it's unavoidable then you always keep moving forward until the person is no longer a threat or you can get away.

Instead of having belts like karate or tae kwon do it has levels. Level one you start off with the basic techniques, punching, kicking, etc. Then in level 2 and 3 you start to get into the disarming techniques. You'll learn how to handle a situation with a knife, gun, more than one person, etc.

It takes some training, as with most things, to get it to where it's just reflexive, but it's well worth it, especially since I plan on becoming a police officer. Even if you aren't though it's useful; I know if I ever have daughters they'll be taking it.

21. XSuROsISX

XSuROsISX Guest

Go figure another fucking darky.

22. Aequitas

To those of you that don't want to spend a lot of money on classes: They have instructional dvds for sale on amazon or ebay. It'd be best to learn with a friend that's of comparable strength. Just get some $40 gloves from sports authority and a kick pad and go at it.

I'm not going to say it'll be the same as getting taught by a person who's a trained instructor, but it's better than nothing at all.

Examples:
    Dvd set: http://cgi.ebay.com/Krav-Maga-5-DVD-set-Official-Instruction-5-Video-DVD_W0QQitemZ9146039326QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Same gun used in class: http://cgi.ebay.com/Revgear-RUBBER-TRAINING-GUN-self-defense-krav-maga_W0QQitemZ7236167460QQihZ015QQcategoryZ16044QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And gloves: http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15857&cp=&origkw=bag+gloves&kw=bag+gloves&parentPage=search

Finally, kick pad: http://cgi.ebay.com/Revgear-KICK-SHIELD-kicking-krav-maga-muay-thai_W0QQitemZ7236387513QQcategoryZ36281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

23. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

its worth it just to give him your wallet. I don't even understand why you would fire on him while he is leaving. do you really wanna go through life knowing you killed someone over 100 bucks? i mean if he was leaving and you werent in any danger i wouldnt draw or fire on him

24. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

fucking piece of shit :mad:

25. Axespeed

Axespeed It's only after we've lost everything, that we're OT Supporter

Yeah that is a good point if you're that type of person that's gonna live life with guilt.
    I dont own a weapon but i imagine if i did then i wouldnt be guilty of using it on somebody who has put me in a life-threatening situation.

Plus if you're a former marine or something then disarming would not be a problem. There was a major good chance given.