MMA Don't even need judges

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by dragomungus, Jan 15, 2009.

1. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

New BJ Penn interview:

On his clash with GSP...

"This is no big thing. I know this thing is getting hyped up a lot, but honestly, it’s just another fight. I know they have the show and all of these other things around it, but I gotta go out and win, so whatever. I know the hype is there and you gotta promote a fight this big, but I’m just ready to win the fight."

"I’m ready to go out there and dig deep and I know I’m going to do this. I’m really excited for the opportunity and I just can’t wait."

"He’s just a better fighter than he was. But his most important muscle is his weakest and that’s his heart. Once I get in through there and start breaking him down and he realizes that I’m not going away, that’s how I’m going to end up beating him. He will end up giving up."

"I think you guys are going to see the best BJ Penn on January 31st. You always get better and you never stop learning; that’s the key to mixed martial arts. It’s just never-ending. Besides all of that, I just feel that this will be the best I will ever be on January 31st."

"I don’t fight to live; I live to fight. It’s just something in me. I love challenges, I love competition and I love fighting (laughing). You know what, I don’t even know what wakes me up in the morning to do this shit. I just like to go out there and trade a couple punches, get hit a few and give a few and raise my hand after the whole thing is done. But I’m honestly looking at this fight like it’s my last fight. I’m sure I’ll fight again and I’m sure I will fight in the Octagon again, but mentally, you know, the training camps are getting longer."

"We don’t need the judges so they don’t even need to show up."

Much more in the full interview:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4128.html

2. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Penn is going to knock the French out of him.

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Was the first fight really that controversial? The only judge that gave Penn the fight was Cecil Peoples. Whats that say......

4. Optamix

Optamix New Member

[​IMG]

5. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

He got cut. So what?

6. teep

teep New Member

wasn't just the cut. his face was straight fucked up

7. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

St. Pierre won that first fight. He was bruised on his face but how many times did he straight bring BJ to the ground...even delivered shots. He controlled the fight...It showed he was dominant...regardless of the shots he ate in the first. The next two belonged to him.

8. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

GSP tackled him a couple of times but did no damage.

9. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

The show last night essentially said "Penn beat the shit out of GSP but GSP got the decision with better wrestling"

GSP was a wrestler. Penn was fighting.

Zero submission attempts by GSP, zero guard pass attempts, zero legit GNP..

10. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

penn also tried taking gsp down, but failed. :hsd:

11. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

but succeeded in beating the shit out of him and landing a gogo as time expired. :hsd:

12. Optamix

Optamix New Member

After Penn wins I'm going to make a food of my self in Buffalo Wild Wings.

13. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

he got a cut and a broken nose

14. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

and a bruised like a peach face and a trip to the E.R.

Penn had Heinekens that night.

GSP last night " I was afraid, I was hurt" I just wish he would have finished with "So I decided to LNP FTW!"

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Truth. I honestly dont think you can fault either one winning that fight. I would have given it to penn, but giving GSP the fight is a fair call and just shows the flaws in the current scoring system.

The difference IMO in this new fight is that GSP is FAR better than he was, and BJ hasn't shown much improvement in anything other than his recent dedication to cardio training. Is that enough to make him best in the world? quite possibly, I just dont see it happening.

BJ has better odds of finishing the fight, but i'll go with GSP via ref stoppage TKO in the mid 4th.

16. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

take a video

17. teep

teep New Member

i love how bj just upped and left in the middle of his training camp for this fight to go on vacation lol

18. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

bj gave his all in 1 round and accomplished:
    1 solid shot, an eyepoke, and a graze of the nose to cause a nosebleed.
    then had nothing left for the final 2 rounds.
    good job bj. :ugh2:

19. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

he does that every training camp. most fighters do. everyone takes rest days or you get burnt out physically and mentally. the "break" was for 3 days and it was 2 weeks ago, so he it was 1 month before the fight. He's been training for this fight for 5 months now. It's standard for him and most fighters - he just happens to live in a place where you can drive 30 minutes and be at Cape Awesome.

lol. I suppose you know more than GSP, right? He was hurt, he was afraid. And an eye poke and a nose "clip" doesn't make you look anything like you did. Watch the fight again. BJ beat him on the feet badly. GSP landed a couple kicks, and won the fight with takedowns. I think he won (based on UFC scoring) - but BJ beat his ass. He peppered him with shots for 1.5 rounds til George paniced.

20. teep

teep New Member

sleep deprived comprehension ftl. i thought it was 5 days and i had no idea his training camp was that fucking long. damn. that makes sense then.

21. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

I can't wait for this fight, and I don't want either guy to lose. However, if BJ loses I look forward to Dragon crying like a little whore.

22. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

:wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:

I'm fully aware that GSP is the favorite in this. He's a much better fighter - the most "complete" in the game. His athletic ability is second to none. The best chance Penn has is a "fighters chance".. Good thing this is a fight.. If St. Pierre wins - I wouldn't be surprised one bit. Disappointed and suicidal, yes. Surprised, no.

23. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I think Penn needs to pressure the shit out of him. GSP doesnt like getting into a slugfest. Then again, he ate some good shots from Fitch and shrugged them off. :dunno:

24. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

i dislike bj but he won that first fight.

25. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

Penn's gonna fight exactly like he always does. Work his boxing, stick the jab in his face.. It's going to look like the Sherk fight. He's going to box.. GSP is going to throw kicks and take him down.. When it gets to the floor - we'll see how it all goes..