Don't even bother with Hitchhiker's Guide Movie!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by RMNIXON, Sep 16, 2005.

1. RMNIXON

RMNIXON New Member

I am a big fan of the books, Radio program, and even thought the TV show was clever even with the bad effects. But the Movie I rented put me off! The VOGON's were great and Alan Rickman as Marvin was quite good, but not enough to save this film. They strayed way off the first book for about 2/3rds of the film and never quite got back. Most of the acting seemed dull and like going through the motions of the script. None of the emotional intensity or comic cleverness of the original radio actors was there. I am only glad I never paid to see this in the Theater and Douglas Adams should be gald he never had to see it as well! :rolleyes:

2. ViperKiller

ViperKiller AD USAF

British Humor....I liked the movie.

3. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

It's entertaining, but it's nothing too special.

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Adams wrote the screenplay himself.

From what I've been told, he wanted it to be a different story in every medium. So the tv show was different from the radio play, the book was different from the tv show, and the movie was different from the book.

:dunno:

I enjoyed watching it, even though I would have enjoyed a film of the book more.:hs:

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Denny Crane.

I've known about the books since I was a kid, but never did read them. I hope the movie will be good for someone in that situation, since it came in from netflix yesterday.