Donnie Darko Directors Cut

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by KraZ, Feb 16, 2005.

1. KraZ

KraZ New Member

I was wonderin if anyone out there has seen the directors cut of Donnie Darko yet. I guess it came out on dvd on the 15th. I've had a couple people tell me that it ruined the movie for them. I really dont see how that is possible, so if you have seen it give me some feedback.

2. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

I just got it in the mail yesterday. Not going to have time to watch it till next week though. I've also heard some people say it gave away/explained too much.

3. Socrates

Socrates Guest

Hearing every emo/goth kid speak like they have some deeper understanding of the movie to make themselves look more intelligent pretty much killed the movie for me.

4. patboone7

patboone7 I will BUST YOU!

i dont know which i got, but it was on dvd at the video store. i have heard about this movie a million times so i had to watch it. i gotta admit at first i was pissed off after watching it, but i got on the google and searched and found tons of things to help me understand, not the movie, but meanings within the film. very deep movie, religious, scientific, this one you have to wathc more than once and you have to think deeply! overall i love the movie!

5. johnnydarko72

johnnydarko72 Doom nominated for the best rolled L's, and they w

Just got the director's cut, guess I'll have to watch it and post my thoughts. The original is definetely one of my favorite all-time movies though.