MIL Done with BMT now at Tech School

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Julio, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Julio

Julio New Member

Sup guys I've been gone for a while. Graduated from AF BMT last Friday and I've been here at Pensacola NAS since Monday evening. I'm doing ASM and my expected grad date is June 8th. BMT was tough initially but it got super easy for me. I even came away with Honor Graduate, no marksman ribbon though. 34/50. Also we just had a general visit from 2AF commander. That's about it just hanging out at Portside using the free computers. Oh yeah as expected tons of Navy and Marines here. We march and flank/facing movements everywhere we go so we get shit for it. I've heard things like "hey Air Force, EAT SHIT!" and "chair force". But the facilities are nice and having a beach so close is pretty cool. The only thing I don't like is trying to recognize Navy insignia and certaint types of officers. Marines don't like to hear "sir" and some Navy need to hear "chief". Good times though. Any questions/tips are more than welcome.

2. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

The Navy E-7 through E-9 ranks are hard to see (especially in the khakis), but the silver star above the anchor is what you need to notice. Just don't stare too hard lol :rofl:

I forget about the different color shoes and what they mean in the khaki dress uniform, but ask about it. It might help you recognize who is a CPO and who isn't.

The beach area and rear entrance of Pensacola has an awesome running area. Make sure you keep up with it. Corry Station also isn't bad if you want to run around the edge of the base.

You can get the marksman ribbon later on in your career.

Can't think of anything else other than make sure you do well in tech-school, and get off-base if you can. The community isn't total shit like some would like to think.

Oh....don't get married if you aren't already.

3. armond

armond New Member

Great job, and good luck!!! Study up!

4. mangid

mangid OT Supporter

Dude, i literally just left pensacola

It's a nanny base. You'll get tired of it after a while but at least you'll be there when it's warm and you can go to the beach and stuff. I was on corry station. Not much to do there but muster, drink (if of age), work out, sleep, eat, and fuck (at a hotel if you don't want to risk getting caught in the barracks). NAS is stricter about leaving base, but there's more shit to do on base

5. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

congrats on gradding BMT. dont drink if u r under 21, dont do anything dumb while you are there. I saw other airman destroy their careers for the stupidest things before they made permanent party.

How was the 8 week BMW? What did you guys do for the extra 2 weeks?

6. David

David New Member

:cool: werd bro

7. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

beast and a shitload of classroom time.

staying awake during class time was nearly impossible.

8. Julio

Julio New Member

yep beast(MRE's and battle rattle CBRNE shit) and tons of different classes on finance, sexual assault, and other things. Have a gf sort of from/througb basic and I already know what you guys are thinking :hsugh:

Oh yeah got chewed outish by one of our mtl's when I was supposed to do CQR. He asked us a bunch of questions about our positions and none of us knew because we werent briefed. Then he got mad because no one attended the mandatory briefing. Shit hit the fan from there. He was suppose to leave at around 11-12 for the weekend but stayed until 1 or so before he could trust us with the lives of our fellow airmen. I completely understand where he's coming from it was just overwhelming. Airmen in other phases got chewed out as well because they covered us while he talked to us but they were all in civs waiting to go out on friday night and they were eating while on duty and he yelled at them and some were drunk already. But I stayed awake the whole time. I was on 2330-730. The 2 other airmen on shift with me could barely stay awake and they kept going to their rooms to "use the bathroom" which always took 15 minutes. It's the weekend now and I've just been working out on my free time. No weights just treadmill since I didn't really know any running areas but thanks for the tips. I also got my first haircut since basic. I'm sporting the high and tight. :bigthumb: oh and not of age to drink.

9. Julio

Julio New Member

Oh yeah I put down Travis AFB for CONUS since it's like 45 min from my house but everything else I put down overseas extended. Rammstein, Aviano, Yokota, Spandalgem(sp?), England, and some I can't think of off the top of my head and Hawaii as last choice.

10. Slurms McKenzie

Slurms McKenzie New Member

Congrats on making it this far! I'm getting ready to head to BMT soon~, anything I should know before going?

11. armond

armond New Member

Word on Yokota for ya...

Great location for Japan, but the base is kinda crapped. I would go for a smaller base, like Spangalheim(sp?). They say that place is the shit!

12. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

13. David

David New Member

Aircraft Structural Maintenance

14. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

Sheetmetal? or is that Metals Tech?

15. David

David New Member

16. Who Mike D

Who Mike D Local Hustler

What squadron?

17. Julio

Julio New Member

361 det 2.

Got my orders on the 9th. The week prior rumors were going around that the whole class was getting minot. I literally had a heart attack at the though. Week went by and no orders. So finally 9th came and this dude sanders runs into the dayroom and says we all got minot, fuuuuuck. But then he said oh except you, you got england. I thought he was fucking around because he does that a lot. I check the bulletin board and my luck would have it. RAF Mildenhall. Graduate June 8th and got home for RAP for 2 weeks. Everyone secretly hates me for it but I just smile and cringe at what could have been up north.

18. DawnsKayBug

DawnsKayBug New Member

Have fun at Moldyhole.. Im not.. theres KC-135s and Spec Ops 130s.

SAVE all your money cause your going to need a car. Remember if its 1000 pounds its $1600 USD. Shit is expensive here. Took me 48 days to get internet @ 100Kbs - 700Kbs although you will be in the dorms so no worries on that. If you have any ?s PM me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010