SRS Done tokin

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Raj, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

So this is my thread, my motivation, and daily reminder that I need to quit smoking. I have been smoking daily for almost 2.5 years now(just saying that is hard to believe and really disgusting). I must not have thought it was a problem because during that time my grades have been great and so has life in general. Starting last fall though, I thought I was ready to toke up and then I would toke and be like alright this is cool....but then I would wish I wasnt high. I quit during winter break for a little over a month, and felt great. I was the life of the party, clear minded, more motivated to work out and do productive things than usual. Then a few weeks after school started again, I started tokin again because it had been awhile and it was fun(I got blazed like you would when you hardly smoked). Well that every once in a while turned back into everyday, and that brings me to today. I went home over spring break and accidentally left a small sac in pocket. My mom was helping me do my laundry and found it in the washer.

When I saw the way she and my dad acted and how they were not surprised, but more disappointed it hit me. I realized that I was using weed as a crutch for problems in life instead of dealing with them like a normal person. Not to mention the side effects that this usage could have on the great relationship I have with my family. I also realize that being high probably cost me a few relationships with girls that I really would have liked to date. It is going to be a challenge, as nearly everyone I know likes to toke. I am determined though, and it will be up to me and my self determination to stop smoking. I know that it must happen sometime, and that I must grow out of this college phase eventually(I graduate in one year). Right before I started reading other threads on Road to Recovery about weed, I was presented with the opportunity to get high with two different groups of people. I knew that I had to decline and I did, and for the first couple minutes I really wished that I was with them and was getting high. As I began reading these threads and typing this post, it hit me I really do like being sober and clear minded. These next few days will be the real challenge as the only time I smoked before was during the week when I was just hanging out and watching tv with friends.

This is day two of me not smoking, and I am determined to make it the second day of the rest of my new life. Sorry for the long post, but it really made me feel a lot better.

Thank you all in advance for all of your support.

2. TwoStep41

TwoStep41 New Member

Good luck man. Honestly, reading your post reminded me a lot of myself. Perhaps I should indeed take a good look at myself and see what future lies ahead of me. I recently just started smoking habitually and so far I have seen no negative effects. Yet, nights when the boys and I are just smoking could have easily been spent going to bars and trying to pick up chicks.

3. ian2000gsxr

ian2000gsxr New Member

been thinking of cutting down myself along with a friend of mine. been smoking daily for years. smoking total for about 7. i don't even want to think of all the money i have wasted.

4. Grass

Grass New Member

I'm cutting down heavily because my relationship with weed seems to have taken a turn for the worse. When I smoke now, I just get edgy, paranoid, negative, and analytical. It simply isn't fun.

Even though I know this, I still smoke occasionally. I guess I'm psychologically addicted, but it's getting to the point where that doesn't even matter. I just have to stop.

Biggest problem is that all of my friends blaze. When we get together, that's what we do. Not sure how I'm supposed to deal with that...

5. NappyTurk

NappyTurk Banned

Just do it for the right reasons, friend. I feel that societies negative stance on the greenery somehow subconsciously makes you believe that what you are doing is wrong, hence the paranoia, guilt etc. I have lived in green friendly countries, and its a whole different vibe. Dont let the fear take over.

I wish you luck though. Its tough. I just watched the basketball diaries and started tripping that I was smoking too much (daily)... Just dont beat yourself up if you relapse, its not the end of the world.

6. Xaint

Xaint New Member