A&P Domke F-4AF review

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Mutombo, May 28, 2009.

1. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

I bought a new compact shoulder bag last week for walk around use, the Domke F-4AF in the "sand" color. So far I love it. Very easy to get gear in and out of the bag. I like the way it looks, I think it'll definitely be replacing my 6MDH as my compact shoulder bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bag includes two removable inserts, the one on the left has the 14-24, sb-800, and aa battery case for the mb-d10 grip. The compartment on the right is divided into two and has an sb-24. I can fit the 105VR in there too but it's snug. There is also a big pouch in front (I have filters in it) and a zip pouch on the inside of the top flap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bag has two large side pockets, I put my cybersyncs and eneloops in one side, and my rocket blower and hoods in the other side pocket.

[​IMG]

View with the D700 and 24-70 inserted face down into the other compartment on the right.

[​IMG]

Small open pocket in the back:

[​IMG]

The strap is really nice too. Wide and comfortable, with rubber sewn into the bottom side to grip your shoulder.

[​IMG]

I also have a Domke camera strap for my D700 (much nicer than the awful D700 strap). I like the bag so much I just bought a bigger version (the F-1x) for when I need to travel with more gear.

2. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

I have the smaller version of this bag. It's awesome. My only complaint is that lenses that are 77mm in diameter can't be stored with hood on. :hs:

3. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

Domke sells different sized inserts that would probably allow this, but they are pretty expensive :hs: