WEB domain expired...HELP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by themolsen, Jan 13, 2009.

1. themolsen

themolsen New Member

Someone in my company screwed up and let our Web site domain expire... now it's parked by GoDaddy.com and is unavailable to register. I looked up the info with who.is and the registered info is private.

What can we do to get the domain back?

freshministries.org
    freshministries.com

2. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

How long ago did it expire? There may still be options to renew it from within your (companies) control panel.

3. themolsen

themolsen New Member

last night at midnight. we're trying to find the account information, but the e-mail address the account is attached to is owned by someone who moved to alaska. the domain is through godaddy but our hosting is (mt).... both say its registered so we need godaddy info i guess

wtf disorganized crap

4. themolsen

themolsen New Member

just spoke with godaddy. they said they hold expired domains for a certain period before making them available....so it doesn't look like someone ELSE registered it. they said if we get the account info they'll grab it back for us for like $60 or something. i really don't know what's going on at this point---pretty pissed at other folks for not keeping up with that stuff

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  5. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

IT communication fail. I wouldn't worry too much because like they said there is a period before it can be registered again and unless your company gets ub3r traffic I doubt somebody will squat it.

6. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

Looks like your sites back just lacking a style sheet :mamoru:

7. themolsen

themolsen New Member

the .com is, not the .org. the .com is only kind of working because its forwarded internally to use the .org files on the host. none of the links actually work right now

my main worry right now is e-mail traffic...we're getting inconsistent results from people sending e-mails from outside our domain

8. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

damn :hs: good luck bro...

9. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

such horseshit :o. They're just warehousing domains. I let a domain expire with them recetly with zero traffic, they sure as hell didn't hold on to it for me. It was dropped and been available to register ever since.

10. themolsen

themolsen New Member

well we got it back for no extra cost... whew

anyways this is what happened:
    some girl who used to work with us 5 years ago (now lives in alaksa) is the one who registered the domains and set them to auto-renew with a company credit card. well the card expired some time last year and so wasn't able to renew yesterday. but that girl's old e-mail address was still the one on the godaddy account for our domains....so no one here ever got any notice about what was going on. unfortunately, no one knew the password for the e-mail account or any godaddy account info either, so we couldn't get any help from godaddy. about 20 minutes ago we were able to get a hold of the gil in alaska and got the password for the e-mail account and got the account info. renewal done, crisis mostly averted

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009