WEB doing a bit of research re: rich media on the web

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by clarky, Jan 12, 2010.

1. clarky

clarky New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    hey was wondering if a few of you could help me out on a bit of pre-production research i'm undertaking..

Basically im working on a wire-frame & concept for a media portal of a website.

It will have:

Documents (pdf brouchers, forms, support documents)

The product range is fairly wide, example its not just a car site, this site will have a wider range example motorcycles, power tools, marine, personal watercraft etc.

Whilst the site will have a sign up feature where you will be somewhat able to customise content to your preferences it is assumed 98% of the site users will be anonymous.

Also this will not be a web2.0 style media portal, it will be all client generated content.

Basically what im after is user experience feedback in the form of sites with media portals that you find very user friendly, quick and simple, with the ability to easily find what you are looking for either by browsing, searching or site based recommendations.

so if you have any sites i can look at that you use and like please let me know, also if you want to give me some "likes" and "dislikes" you have about media portal sites/pages you have seen/used that would also be awesome.

cheers guys!