GUN Does UnderArmor hold up well to holster wear?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sprite, Jul 31, 2007.

1. sprite

sprite Active Member

Right now I wear the thick Stafford undershirts, but they: A) are hot as fuck, & B) tend to bunch up around the holster/grip area.

I was thinking of trying a couple of the tight UnderArmor type shirts (not necessarily that brand), instead of a regular cotton undershirt but that just seems like the type of material that would snag/pull really easily and just generally go to hell from having mags/holsters rubbing on it all day. Who wears them and how do you like them?

2. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

I have a Bianchi IWB and a CTAC holster.. both of them I just let ride against my bare skin. :dunno:

Sometimes I'll just tuck in my undershirt behind the holster, but I don't notice any problems.

3. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I have a bunch of Starter brand coolmax type shirts, and a few nike Drifit's. They both get a bit more wear at the holster, but nothing excessive.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

XGO works better than Under Armor to me. There are better options for fit, as well, in case you don't look like the chiseled men in the UA ads. XGO has some form-fitting, stretchy stuff, but their Level 1 t-shirt fits a lot looser, still fits closer to the body, and doesn't feel like spandex. It worked really well for carrying IWB when I wore it a lot more. Nowadays, I have a shitload of American Apparel t-shirts that I use as undershirts for carry. They tend to pad a touch better than thinner things like wicking garments. They fit well for use as an undershirt(if you wear a size L t-shirt, you can wear a size L American Apparel shirt under it, because they're about a half size smaller). The thickness is not like a Hanes Beefy-T, but it's not like UA. It's somewhere in between. They feel sturdy, and are, but they're VERY soft. I prefer them to just about everything else as an everyday undershirt.

For activities, such as hiking or otherwise, I'd wear something better for wicking.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

Have you found a good source for the XGO stuff? The price looks right but ther don't seem to be many vendors for it.

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I can't stand that in the summer. The gun sticks to me and slows my draw a little.

7. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Ever found a good source for wicking shirts with logos? I can't find anything but rash guards for logos.

8. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I wear mesh-type rash guards underneath my vest

9. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Both my Bianchi and CTAC have sweat shields so the only part of the gun that touches me is the bottom of the grip.

10. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Ya, I like undershirts most of the time too. Bare Kydex on my skin bugs me, and leather is only a little better.

11. footratfunkface

I know Galls sells it. I have not purchased any of it, because I've always gotten it for free from the product manager. I've stopped wearing it except during high-sweat activities. Like working out or hiking. I don't wear it for everyday going out. My wife does, though. It works for carry, but a cotton shirt will absolutely last longer. The tradeoff is the wicking ability of the XGO is gone. XGO is probably twice the price of an American Apparel shirt. XGO is great for hiking, along with probably some others, due to its wicking and its flat seams on most of its garments.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. Do you WANT the logo? If so, XGO has the XGO logo on the front of the shirt. It's the letters, "XGO."

12. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

When did you get married?

13. footratfunkface