MIL Does Tricare Prime cover PRK/Lasik?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NPH, Oct 27, 2007.

1. NPH

NPH Guest

I'm going to be a dependent soon and I was wondering if Tricare would cover this procedure or at least cover up to a certain percentage? Long story short, the optometry here or the one in Virginia fucked me by "never receiving" any fax with my documentation signed by my CO. I find this out almost a year from the day I submitted my paperwork as the wait time for Virginia is up to 12 months. It was too late to resubmit as I had less than a year left on my contract to even bother resubmitting. :wtc:

2. SporkLover

SporkLover New Member

3. NPH

NPH Guest

4. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

damn that sucks. you got screwed.

5. NPH

NPH Guest

Yep. Always follow up on shit. Don't have too much faith in the medical system. Dental is the only good thing out of that fucking hospital.. everything else is ran by a bunch of fucking "students."

6. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

I wanted to get PRK after my deployment but with the wife pregnant and due when I get back, I decided it wasn't the best time.

I am a Category 1 and will ASAP, it is just that I haven't been able to. I will definately go within the next 18 months though.

7. NPH

NPH Guest

I was recommended as a Cat 2 by my CO.. I get pissed off every time I think about it :mad:

8. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

Anything that affects my family, my life or my career, I always follow-up on it at least once a month. Sure they will get tired of me asking, but I don't care.