does this SSD support TRIM?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Curren$y, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

Kingston SSDNow V-Series SNV125-S2BD

If it doesn't does it really matter? I have heard about ppl and their SSD's getting slow as fuck a few weeks after they installed them :ugh:

I'm gonna ask for an SSD for x-mas and want to make sure i get a decent one. Looking to spend around $150 dollars, must be atleast 40gb.

2. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

where is lowfat when you need him :hs:

3. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

AFAIK no. Is this the 40GB you are looking at? The 64Gb and 128GB have the same model number, but are considerably different. Even if it doesn't support TRIM it is the best ~30-40GB drive out there.

4. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

i would like to get the 40gb but if the 64 supports trim i will get that one. I dont know if it really makes a difference though.. The only reason i want trim support is because someone told me their SSD got all fucked up and is slower than his platter drive after just a few months. I'm a complete SSD noob, dont know if i should wait for a trim drive or say fuck it. :dunno: Thanks :bowdown:

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Wait for a TRIM drive. Windows will use the TRIM command to erase unused pages on the SSD when the computer isn't doing anything else, so you won't notice any lag when new data gets written to those pages.

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

64GB doesn't support TRIM. Plus it fucking sucks. Buying the 64/128GB drives would be a horrible decision.