SRS Does this sound like a good or bad proposal?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by awd98tsi, Apr 28, 2010.

1. awd98tsi

awd98tsi New Member

I finally plan on asking the big question. We are going on vacation next month on the beach and I just know this is the right time to do it.

Been thinking about ways to be unique and my idea could either be awesome or a disaster.

We plan on going parasailing one of the days. I have the idea of going and getting a really cheap (wal-mart $5 ring) and putting it in a box. While we are up in the air, I want to pull it out of my pocket and start to say the words, when suddenly it slips out of my hands and crashes into the ocean!

I will act very speechless/upset and I'm hoping she does too! I'll just keep saying how mad I am and how much I hope I can get it replaced. I'll tell her to hold that thought because I want to do it right, with a ring. lol

Upon landing back on the boat, I will tell her to look out and see if she see's it floating anywhere, while I pull the real one out of my other pocket (or have the boat driver hold it for me while in the air) and propose.

Now...

Can you think of ways this can backfire and/or if this is even a good idea?
    I know it's not really romantic, but I'm sure she will get an awesome surprise/laugh/story to tell everyone afterwards.

2. kiri

kiri New Member

it's definitely kinda corny :o but funny. it sort of depends on your personalities. if you think she'd get a kick out of it, i say go for it. you want the proposal to be memorable, you just have to decide if she would want it to be serious/romantic or funny/goofy.

3. liquidblue73

liquidblue73 Guest

I think its so sweet, and not corny at all. I think you'll have a story to tell forever.

4. johan

johan Active Member

:rofl: awesome. If she digs you and your sense of humour, then I'm sure she'll love this.

So much more memorable than the usual proposals.

Update here afterward.

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

IMO you're straddling the line between corny and just plain lame. I'm all for unconventional proposals, see what else you can come up with.

6. awd98tsi

awd98tsi New Member

That's the thing, it really fits our personalities. She's not the die hard romantic type either so I think it will go fine... well hoping!

7. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

I think its corny but women love that stuff, makes them feel special. I say do it. Really doesn't allow her to think anything else other than it really falling. The only thing I can see as being a problem is if you pretend to drop it and she grabs it before it really falls lol.

8. 7960

7960 New Member

this is a personal thing. if you think it works for you, good.

personally, my wife's and my style is to be sitting on the dock at sunset, relaxing and talking, and as soon as she says anything that even remotely sounds like "this is so perfect / this is a great vacation / i'm having such a good time / i can't think of anything better than this / etc" then I'd say something like "i think it could get better...." and pop the question.

9. Ann

Ann Sono stupenda!!! Vedi la mia roast beef?

Sounds like it is right for you guys so I say go for it.

10. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

weirdly sentimental, but i would actually be upset that the ring that you started to propose with is lost forever.....