does this plan sound right?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by momentum, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

sup broly crew :wavey: i've been overweight for the last 4 years since i've started working full-time doing a desk job working at a bank. i'm currently at 255 pounds and i'm 6 feet tall, and my body fat is at 36% right now. my goal is to get rid of all my mid-section fat and love handles:mamoru: so my goal is to get to my ideal body weight around 200 to 185. im taking thermonex by bsn sports and met-rex meal replacement in the mornings,and also muscle milk. my workout routine is biking for at least 30 minutes, fast walking for about an hour, and lifting weights every other day. i used to eat fast food everyday and drink soda everyday as well. i've cut that out for good. so far i've been on this diet and lost about 6 pounds for a lil over a week. anyone got any tips to inprove on this, mainly i just want to lose the fat since im already a big guy and got the muscle under this fat. thanks in advance. :cool:

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

well you don't just have fat on your midsection and love handles... you have it everywhere else, just like all humans (except timberwolf).

Read the nutrition stickies.... What's worked for guys here is lift heavy weights, keep a high protein, fairly low-carb diet, and eat "clean" food i.e. no fast food. Do frequent cardio. Most importantly, you need to have patience. Keep yourself involved in fitness and diet with things like training logs in the Training Log section and watch your strength go up and your weight decrease by keeping track of those numbers in your posts. Use things like www.fitday.com both to track your calories and make sure you're doing everything right, and also to keep yourself thinking about what you're putting in your body throughout the day.

And again, patience and persistence is really important.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

also when you read the stickies you'll see that caloric deficit is the most important factor in weight loss of any kind... so things like Muscle Milk aren't a good idea... Go for regular whey protein shakes because they have less calories and less carbs.

4. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

thanks bro :cool: yeah i cut out fast food completely. im lifting and keeping a log of how much weight im losing. the point about having patience is a good one since i've tryed before to lose weight only to quit only after a few months. i realize that if i want my body to get the way i want its not going to be overnight since it wasnt overnight in the first place that got me overweight like i am now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.