Does this mean anything or am I over-analyzing?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RockDaBoat, Jun 18, 2008.

1. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

Basically 3 months ago I was dating a girl for maybe 5-6 weeks... But we lived a good distance apart, we both work 60 hrs a week (often working opposite shifts) AND she was in the process of moving into a new home. All this contributed to the "relationship" fading out.

Since then we've had no contact, until today where she text me twice within the hour, "Hi how are you, it's been a while etc x", the second was an hour later "You probably won't reply to thisx".

I replied, we chatted (read: "text back and forth") and I joked that she never invited me to her house warming party or the parties thereafter. She replied, "I should have invited you and will do the next time. I really did think about it though.x" The final text she sent tonight was "I'll text you tomorrow, it was lovely chatting to you.x"

The whole time her tone was as if we were only out of touch for several days. So am I over-analysing this, could she be interested again now that her life has calmed down a bit? Or is she just being friendly? For the OP here, would you text a guy you dated 2-3 months down the line to see how his life was? Or would it be because you wanted to date him/be an FB?

Oh and I never read into the "x" at the end of a message, but the reason I have included those "x"'s at the end of each text is because beyond a "goodnight" text she never put a kiss when we were dating. Is this a little more significant?

Finally, should I just bluntly ask her wtf does she want (only nicer terminology!)?

Any theories would be great!

2. Kleine Maus

Kleine Maus New Member

Just go with it (if you are interested). It is too soon to ask where this is going, it was just texting. Obviously, she thought of you though.

3. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

shes probably less busy and interested again. i wouldnt read too much into things though. if you like her and want to try dating her again, go for it.

i would never randomly text a guy i used to date if i didnt have other intentions other than friendship

4. Kleine Maus

Kleine Maus New Member

I don't even think I'd text a guy I used to date randomly like that unless I was feeling "lonely"...

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How could you tell her "tone" over text? Bleh

I hate how much people rely on texting whole conversations....

Just call her in a few days. CALL her, not text. That way you can ask her out on a real live date and you can hear for yourself how she reacts.

6. Kleine Maus

Kleine Maus New Member

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

texting ftl

are you familiar with the term "skin in the game"?

she's got no skin in the game

invite her on a date

showing up for the date = skin in the game

8. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

I agree with the texting comment, but I think it would have been a little premature to call her straight off the bat. Texting does sucks balls, I'll write a line and set the phone down and forget about it (i.e. it's far from a priority)for a few hours. In 4 hours of texting we maybe had 5 minutes of potential phone conversation. :mamoru:

I misused the word tone, what I should have said was that when I replied to her text "You're not even going to reply", she replied back with "Blah blah because I thought I'd done something wrong..." As if we'd only lost touch for a few days.

(PS-OT: I don't know if you remember (or are further interested in) my asylum thread about my bro's fiance trying it on with me, but everything is fine, particularly between my brother and I.):)

Yail Bloor, I've never heard of it but I like it!

Kleine Maus, I like your thinking! :x: But seriously, we broke up on good terms (life for both of us was kinda hectic) so I'm up for whatever.

9. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

Update:

I just got 2 text messages:

"I hope you don't think I'm leading you on, but I've been thinking about you lately and think it'd be great to meet up." Followed by "Sorry if you think I'm being too forward".
    /thread?

Excellent, saved me from having to ask her, plus I love girls who are forward/blunt/speak their mind. :bowdown:

Though she does seem extremely eager, which I admit, is making me kind of skeptical.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  10. iwishyouwerebeer

NOW call her and set a date.

11. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

Done and done! Tonight suits us both. :)

12. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd:

Hope things actually have changed.