SRS does this make sense to anyone else?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Crazyjester24, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

So i have been talking to this girl i met about two weeks ago after we were at a party and she took my phone and put her number in it,well we started talking and she invited me to watch a movie with her and then lunch the next day, well we seemed to hit it off pretty well (we were watching the movie and she grabbed my hand we kissed after etc, nothing huge) and spent the next few days hanging out...same stuff she would grab my hand and we would kiss or whatever and she seemed pretty into me we ended up making out for a bit on monday, and then two days ago she tells me that she likes me and likes hanging out with me but she says i dont know and that i dont think i can do a relationship right now but my question is if that were the case why would she go through all of that just to say no...i told her that if she wanted time to think about it she could. She decided that it would be better if we didnt try. A little history on her, she has dated one of the guys in my ROTC class and she and a friend of mine were doing almost the same thing a week ago, she did the same thing to him and then me as well, but like i said if she didnt want anything why did she even do any of this? I just dont get it really, its been driving me up a wall for the past day or so and i need some closure, im going to try and talk to her but i wanted to see if i could get some insight into all of this.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sounds like you don't take any charge. Unattractive.

Maybe there's another guy she's interested in :dunno: Maybe she likes you but is tired of just "hanging out" and not doing anything fun in particular :dunno:

OR

Seeing as how she did the same thing to a guy in your class maybe she's just a normal human being who likes to casually date until she decides she likes the guy or not. It's not really uncommon. She dates guys and then after seeing them for a few weeks realizes if they are someone she really wants to date seriously. Don't see what is so confusng about that.

I find it interesting that you don't even sound interested now that she's possibly gone. Do you put any effort into dating at all? What did you say when she told you she didn't want a relationship now all of a sudden?

3. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

As for taking charge im not sure what you mean, when she told me that she didnt want a relationship i was like ok....why? and really i wasnt mad about it but i was confused, but im going to get this straightened out with her. I wasnt really mad at her for not wanting a relationship, thats her right, but to act so interested, and then to say no is really confusing

4. iwishyouwerebeer

My point is you sound like you have no passion at all, so what is there to be attracted to? Why should she want to stay with someone who doesn't even fight for her? You made it sounds as if she made all the moves-holding hands, kissing. You never escalated the physical relationship. This is how I picture your "breakup" conversation:

girl-I think we should end things
    you-Uhhhh.....why?
    girl-Because I just don't want a relationship rght now
    you-Uhhhh....ok? Do you want some more time to thinkabout that?
    girl-Umm...I guess?

Am I close? Because if so I would leave you too.

5. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

When you put it like that you are right i did that but im not going to let her go so readily now, im going to talk to her later today about all of this and tell her how i feel and that i was too quick to let her go and for the record i was the one who moved in for the first kiss not her, but she seemed like she showed genuine intrest not just something that was casual. Im not very good at this kind of stuff, i really do like her and as i said it seemed like she genuinely liked me

6. iwishyouwerebeer

All I have to say is fight for what you want. It might honestly be too late but oh well that's dating for you and now you know for the future.

What I meant before because it's obvious you are not a practicer of casual dating is that she very well might like you...but that doesn't mean she's going to drop all her other options, which I'm guessing she has, for a guy who I'm betting hasn't shown her a ton of physical attention. Casual dating for a girl is hard for a guy such as yourself to understand because she probably has a lot of options, so she wants to test them all until someone comes in and really blows her socks off-but it seems you have done the opposite since she's willing to give it up this fast. The next time you start dating a girl you need to take charge. Set dates up, escalate the physical actions even past kissing, get somewhere.

7. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

I set all the dates up i escalated the contact and stuff when we were kissing/making out. I have shown her alot of physical attention, but im going to lay it all out on the table later today when we talk, that i like her and that i probably let her go too easily, and i think we should try a relationship, if she still says no then ill leave it at that, knowing that i said everything i needed to say

8. Reign

Reign Banned

You guys kissed and all that stuff... did you try to get into her pants? Or did she pretty much make all the moves?

This sounds like a HS issue. Sounds like she thought you were cool at first, dated you a couple times, realized that you were a, no offense, chump.

9. Crazyjester24

Crazyjester24 New Member

I made most of the physical moves, i did the whole first kiss thing, when we made out i explored, its wasnt like i was letting her do all of the physical stuff. Like i said though im going to talk to her and see if i can get a concrete answer on this stuff.