does this ever mean a girl likes you?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by gabacho numero uno, May 23, 2007.

1. gabacho numero uno

gabacho numero uno New Member

okay, background info on the situation: I was up in Dallas(about an hour and a half from here) this weekend to attend my best friend's graduation. I came up Saturday(graduation was Sunday) and was staying at his house. His friend(strictly platonic) Chelsea came over and spent the whole afternoon before we left for the concert. My best friend's closest friend up there, Miah, came over and so my best friend(his name is Justin btw, just to avoid using 'best friend' over and over) was kinda distracted with him for the afternoon. so me and Chelsea hung out in the living room, watching T.V. I got up at one point, and came back to the living room. I was just standing there for a second, before sitting down, looking at the television. There are two loveseats in the livingroom, and I had been sitting on one and she the other. She told me out of nowhere, "you can sit next to me if you want". I was ":eek3:" inside but I did.

I didn't try anything b/c I was only up for the weekend and I'm not interested in any one night stands. But I'm moving up to Dallas in a couple of months or so, and I'll be living at Justin's house so I'm definitely sure I'll be seeing more of her once I move up there. Chelsea was upset later in the day, when we were at the concert(b/c Justin's ex came over and butted her way into coming to the concert, and I suspect Chelsea might think of her and Justin as a bit more than friends though I know for sure this isn't the case), so she wasn't as friendly but I understood why. I just didn't bother her and had a good time. Which I did btw. I saw ICP in Deep Ellum and it was fucking awesome.

So why did she ask me to sit next to her? Could she like me? I know she likes Justin but hell I know I've liked more than one person at a time myself.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

oh...my...god

so junior high/high school it isn't even funny.

Her asking you to sit by her could mean she likes you...or it could mean she is being polite. Did she touch you? put an arm around you? Snuggle up next to you?

3. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

bro you have a lot of things to sort out before you should even start worrying about girls. work on those things first

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Gabacho you aren't dead! I was starting to worry man....

And yeah this sounds sooo HS, but glad you are talking to girls now :bigthumb:

Sounds to me like you have been friendzoned and she is just comfortable around you. Unless she did things like MattThom01 said - Did she touch you/put an arm around you/Snuggle up next to you, etc.

Good to hear you are gettin out and socializing though man

5. gabacho numero uno

Yeah, well, I am only 19. I was up their for a high school graduation(Justin's, but it was also Chelsea's graduation). I graduated a year early so I'm actually only a year older than all of them(except Justin's ex, who is my age).

I've never done any of this stuff before, so of course I'm going to fret over things like sitting next to her or hand holding. I'm a clean slate, I'm at about the same level as a junior high kid, so it's not too surprising that I would have a lot of the same concerns as you'd expect from someone around that age.

None of those things, but she kept looking at me. I just kinda thought maybe it was because we were watching a comedy. sometimes when I watch comedies with people we'll tend to look at eachother in recognition of the funny parts(when we're laughing). but why would she invite me specifically to sit next to her if there were two different loveseats in the room? and I had already been sitting on the other one most of the afternoon, so it's not like i'd just came in and was acting like I didn't know whether or not there was a place it was okay for me to sit down on.

6. gabacho numero uno

You don't have enough information to make this assesment. when I move up there in 2 months I'll have a car, I'll be there to go to college(for culinary arts) starting in the fall, I'll be getting a job immediately. Girls will be just about the only thing in my life NOT in order when I get there.

7. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

HOLY FUCK! Our little gabacho is growing up :wtc:

8. gabacho numero uno

I don't think I got friendzoned. Did you not read the post? She got put in a bad mood by something that came up. You can't assume a girl isn't interested based upon her behavior when something else outside of your sphere of influence has put her in a bad mood. That's actually a very Beta way of thinking, IMO.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:bowrofl: You're ok with fucking a hooker for your first time...but a one night stand with some random girl is out of the question?

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Well I see you still somehow pull shit out of your ass when reading other peoples posts... that is kinda unfortunate.

Having a girl ask you to sit next to her does not mean she likes you. It does mean she is comfortable around you. And if she didn't do anything other then have you sit next to her that sounds like friendzone to me... and I don't mean that in the way that the mainforum preaches about how when you are in the friendzone you are doomed to never leave - because that is bunk. Just sayin that having a girl want to sit next to you doesn't mean she likes you.

11. gabacho numero uno

When she came over the next day after graduating I congratulated her and gave her a hug, which she didn't act like she minded. She even smiled. It became apparent though, after a few minutes, she was in kind of a bad mood again. We all asked why and she said it was because her family hadn't been very congratulatory and actually put her down. Justin sat and talked to her for a few minutes about it and I stayed out, not wanting to focus on something that made her feel bad when I talk to her. So after she was done talking to him I talked to her in a more light way. Just chitchat b.s., joking around etc.

When I was getting ready to leave I kinda ignored her, but then when I was going around telling everyone bye I walked right up to where she was sitting on the couch. I smiled and while shaking her hand and looking her in the eye(man my stomache was going crazy, it was such a big step for me) I told her it was nice meeting her and don't ever let anyone take anything away from you that YOU accomplished.

Did I do good? bad? I think I did good but I'm asking because self-delusion is both powerful and destructive. ya know?

12. gabacho numero uno

It's this thing us rational human beings do called, "changing your mind".

13. Beast will not comment in this thread.

Beast

14. gabacho numero uno

Sorry, I assumed you DID mean it that way. When you assume, you make an ASS out of yourself, eh? :mamoru:

I get ya. And I agree, friendzone doesn't always mean you'll never get in a girl's pants. I've known a lot of couples who started out as just friends, they didn't immediately hit it off romantically.

15. gabacho numero uno

You're more than welcome. I liked your thread about state of mind a lot. :dunno:

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

eye contact is key - check
    physical contact - check
    joking around, being funny - check

keep up the good work man, and don't shake her hand. Hug every girl that is appropriate (teachers, your doctor - not appropriate) - shake guys hands, not girls.

17. gabacho numero uno

that's a good idea. i think i'll do that from now on. :bigthumb:

18. jonno

jonno New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :werd:

took the words outta my mouth

19. gabacho numero uno

Unfortunately it'll be a couple of months before I can pursue this any further. That's okay though. I'm not getting one-itis with this one chick or anything, I just liked her a lot. But I can easily see myself hitting on other women when I get up there. Hell, the girl who drove us to the concert was pretty cool too. Girl was cuh-razy, not in a bad, emo way though. She was also a pothead like myself.

We got along really good. She was up in the front seat and she was smoking and no one else seemed to want to. So she said, "I guess I'll just get retarded up here all by myself" and I said, "hell I'll kill braincells with you" and everybody laughed. She really got a kick out of that. So she handed me her pipe, bud and lighter and was like, "well here you go right ahead babe". Then when we got to the concert hall everyone else went to buy tickets and we chilled in the car. I got up in the front seat with her(she didn't invite me either) and we smoked out some more, bullshitted a little...

20. gabacho numero uno

I can't believe how well I did in these situations. Actually being in a social situation does so much more good for you than reading PUA books. Not that they don't have any value or anything.

21. gabacho numero uno

Oh btw, I mentioned it was an ICP concert...

Well I'll just say, two girls covered in Faygo = fucking hot. :naughty:

(both Chelsea and Justin's ex got covered in the stuff)

22. gabacho numero uno

I've got an idea. I'm gonna go for broke next time I see her to make up for any possible friendzoning. We sat next to eachother this time, and she comes over to Justin's house all the time and just chills like that. so when I move up there, the first time I have the oppurtunity to sit by her again like that(alone), I will. and I'll reach over, carefully as possible, and ran my finger across the back of her hand or fingers. that way i can flirt with her, let her know i like her and do kino all at once without being TOO forward(just reaching over and grabbing her hand). if she likes me for anything more than a friend, I figure she'll take my hand. or at least not react negatively and allow me to go a little further. :naughty:

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I am too tired to read all of this right now, but from what I did read...Gabucho the increase in maturity/intelligence is flooring. Kudos.
    You have made it apparent that you are able to look at yourself, see what you are doing wrong, and make adjustments accordingly. This is of course useful for the attainment of women, but more importantly it is one of the most important charecter traits you can develop, ever. Most people never get it down.

24. gabacho numero uno

Well, like I said being in a social situation with people I really, genuinely LIKED helped me. It especially helped me to do this with my best friend in the whole world, who I've been best friends with since I was 5 and would fucking die for. And he's a total alpha, totally confident. Also pretty mature for his age, level-headed and a very nice guy(but not in the "I'll let anyone walk all over me", beta way). Also very sensitive. He has no trouble with girls.

He genuinely makes me a better person everytime I'm around him.

:cool:

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

why the fuck didn't you make a move after she asked you to sit down?