Does this Dell sou8nd pretty good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by snowmann79, Jan 6, 2006.

1. snowmann79

snowmann79 New Member

Let me know if i am missing anything.

Description[​IMG]Dimension E510Date & Time: January 05,2006 10:11 PM CST [​IMG] SYSTEM COMPONENTS [​IMG]Dimension E510 Qty 1 Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 EditionUnit Price $1,392.00 [​IMG]Save 20% on select Dimension™ desktop purchases $999 or more
    LIMITED TIME OFFER! Remove Coupon - $278.40 [​IMG]Catalog Number: 29 Module Description [FONT=arial,helvetica]Show Details[/FONT]Dell Dimension E510 SeriesIntel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB)Operating SystemGenuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 EditionMemory1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)KeyboardDell USB KeyboardMonitorFREE UPGRADE!! 19 inch E196FP Analog Flat PanelVideo CardIntel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950Hard Drive250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™Floppy Drive and Media ReaderNo Floppy Drive IncludedMouseDell® 2-button USB mouseNetwork CardIntegrated Intel® PRO 10/100 EthernetModem56K PCI Data Fax ModemAdobe SoftwareAdobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0CD ROM/DVD ROMDual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 48x CD-RW DriveSoundIntegrated Audio with Dolby Digital 7.1 capabilitySpeakersDell A215 SpeakersOffice Software (not included in Windows XP)Microsoft Works Suite 2006 - Includes MICROSOFT WORD plus much more!Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed)McAfee SecurityCenter with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 15-monthsHardware Warranty2Yr Ltd Warranty, 2Yr At-Home Service, and 2Yr HW Warranty SupportDial - Up Internet Access6 Months of America Online Membership IncludedMiscellaneousAward Winning Service and SupportFinancial SoftwareNo QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trialOperating System Backup & RecoveryPC Restore recovery system by SymantecTV Tuners and Remote ControlsSingle TV Tuner + Remote Control - watch and record TV on your PCDell Digital EntertainmentStarter Entertainment Pack -Basic digital Music, Photo, and Casual GamingTOTAL:$1,113.60

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

no. it's a dell.

build it yourself. cheaper and better.

3. Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf New Member

Not too bad, just gotta spend about an hour uninstalling all their demo/shareware software before it becomes a decent computer ;)

I have no comlpaints on dells. But I agree with Cyber, if at all possible build it yourself. You usually come out with a more upgradable, cheaper hoss of a machine. The only stuff i usually buy from dell now is laptops. And thats only becuase i cant fnid a place to supply me the parts for a good enough price to build them.

4. YoSmoovKid

YoSmoovKid New Member

if you don't feel like building it you can go to a place like cyberpowerinc.com or ibuypower.com to look for a machine that would blow that dell away for le$$.

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

ncix.com as well. but that is for us canadians. i deal strictly with them.

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Dell makes decent desktops for reasonable prices. I would stay far, very far away from their laptops though.

7. YoSmoovKid

YoSmoovKid New Member

Dell is an excellent brand of PC.
    However, not reasonably priced if you shop around.
    They install plenty BS trial software.
    But my biggest beef with them is no AMD chips, and never will carry them.

8. PeacefulAnarchy

PeacefulAnarchy You get one for the money, two for the show, three

Dells are about as reliable as Maria Carey outside of a mental hospital.

They are nothing but problems.

Now, their corporate machines and servers are good...but their consumer stuff has more shit in it than a German Shizah Video.

9. Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf New Member

Yea i agree. Sucks that they dont carry AMD. That would bring the prices down a bit heh. I've had my dell laptop for almost 2 years, and dnot have any problem with it now. But then again, i spent the first hour and a half uninstalling their trial/shareware software from it and getting down to just barebones windoze. I did some updates and some tweaks and havent had a problem since. Got a decent deal on itback then. But hell, ill be using it for a few more years. I keep my custom built desktop sorta up with the times now.