Does the cold approach ever work

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Swedish Boost, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Swedish Boost

Swedish Boost New Member

If I was on the receiving end, I would find it creepy that some guy randomly approaches me and wants to go on a date.

I have the urge to go up to women at my college and be blunt, "Hello, I find you attractive, lets go bowling Friday night." It doesn't seem that such a cold approach would work since they have no idea who I am.

Meeting women through friends would be better since they would have an idea that you aren't a total creep since you are in that "friends circle". Trouble is, I'm an old man on campus, comparatively (22), and would end up dating 18-19 year olds.

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You don't go up and just ask the girl out.

You go up and start a conversation. And you work the conversation towards getting her phone number.

3. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

no it doesnt. its odd.

you have to hit it off, then ask for the date!

4. Yuppy

otherwise its like your a prostitute

5. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

prostitutes get something in return, so......this would not be the proper analogy IMO

6. toroweedeater1

toroweedeater1 New Member

How about you do what everyone is suggesting and work in a convo with some social skills and get a number after some chit chat. Then you can go out with women you are completely attracted to not who your friends are hanging out with that week. You do that now, approaching women and having good social skills will come natural later in life when you will want that most.

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

8. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

it only works if you are good looking or famous.

Or if the girl is ugly...

9. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

You definitely need to start some conversation first so they can get a feel for who you are, otherwise it will be an all-but-guaranteed no.

10. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

11. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Conversation is implied, because going up to a girl and saying "Hey, can I have your number" or "Hey, want to go grab dinner?" will most likely end with a "I don't even know you" or :run: *pepperspray!

12. Yuppy

well how cold are we talking? i mean ive fucked a girl 20 minutes after meeting her.

13. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You're in college! People are there in part because they want to meet new people and have new experiences! Im sure there are a million places like this on your campus, but at my school, there's this 24hour bakery/coffee shop/greek food joint. The place is like, a couple of long counters that you sit at to read, eat, and have coffee. Everyone there talks to everyone else, regulars, strangers, this quasi homeless guy named jeff who makes sandwiches, people go there to converse! The school you attend is CRAWLING with people looking to talk to someone new! Maybe it won't end in a date every time, but it will help you with your social skills, and you might get a few numbers.

14. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

I've had it work a few times.

It's all in english you put on it.

Sometimes it won't work no matter what.

Social proof is never bad though unless you have a tiny pecker or have something else horribly wrong with you.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Whats your native language darling?

16. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

The above contradicts what I was saying in another thread about dating. Ultimately there are no holds barred when it comes to the opposite sex and your approach.

Anything can work if you make it work.

That's more important than adhereing to any thought about what will and won't work.

17. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

English as in the kind you put on the cue ball whilst playing billiards.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  18. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Yes and it's your job to make her feel not creeped out and honored to be able to give you her number or to have a date with you later. It's how you date IMO. I like it when the girl has no warning and no safety blanket. They have to decide for themselves and you get the true them and not some bitch shield or act. It's harder to do though because you yourself have to be on top of shit.

19. Swedish Boost

Swedish Boost New Member

I gauge a woman's interest by how long she holds eye contact with me. It's always a quick glance. What the hell, am I suppose to say, "Boy its sure cold."

They all seem too busy to stop and chit-chat. That's just my perception which is likely to be inaccurate. I'm not aware even of my own body language. People tell me I look pissed off, but often I'm indifferent.

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Usually it's not hard to pick something out of your surroundings to open a conversation with.

And yes, consciously make yourself smile more and lose the "indifferent" attitude and your facial expressions will change and become less pissed off (read: CREEPY to a woman).

21. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

I also forgot the word "the" in what you quoted. That might clear things up.

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I used to be the same (the looking pissed off in my natural stance/facial expression). If you focus on this and try to look more approachable eventually it will become the default. It doesn't look Creepy as Viper said, but it doesn't make you look approachable.

Anytime you are out in the world try to just quickly think about how you are standing/looking and try to correct it if you feel like you look pissed off. It's a bitch at first, but eventually becomes second nature.

23. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

24. Pringles

Pringles New Member

it worked, but that was poorly executed. You were too nervous, you could tell by your umms and hesitations. But hey good shit most people don't have the balls to bridge that gap :h5:. I would've done it somewhere more comfortable.

25. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She seemed creeped out and probably gave a false # :mamoru: