Does taurine have any real effects?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ACURA TL-S, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Or is it all psychological.:eek3:

I am to lazy to look up actual studies on the subject.

2. SteveO

SteveO Guest

ur eyes be made up of it. so good for the eyes

3. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

Timothy C. Birdsall, ND. Therapeutic applications of taurine. Altern-Med-Rev. 1998 Apr; 3(2): 128-36

SARWAR GHULAM. Et al. PROTEIN-FREE AMINO ACIDS IN MILKS OF HUMAN, OTHER PRIMATES AND NONPRIMATES. USDA/ARS CHILDREN'S NUTRION

Jacobsen JG, Smith LH. Biochemistry and physiology of taurine and taurine derivatives. Physiol Rev 1968;48:424-511.

Nara Y, Yamori Y, Lovenberg W. Effects of dietary taurine on blood pressures in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Pharmacol 1978;27:2689-2692.

Satoh H, Sperelakis N. Review of some actions of taurine on ion channels of cardiac muscle cells and others. Gen Pharmac 1998;30:451-463.

Mizushima S, Nara Y, Sawamura M, Yamori Y. Effects of oral taurine supplementation on lipids and sympathetic nerve tone. Adv Exp Med Biol 1996;403:615-622.

Reiter, Joel, Epilepsy: A New Approach, Walker and Company, N.Y. 1990, pp172-174.

4. SteveO

SteveO Guest

what did that answer? :rofl:

it's probably all psychological. I've been taking 1000mg for a pretty long time and don't know what it's doing.

5. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

you said you were too lazy to look up for studies on it, i gotcha the studies. now read up

6. nonplus

nonplus New Member

to me, doesn't really matter if it's psychological. physiological or psych, if it "works," by all means...

when i was a kid, my lil sis was terrified of dogs, so i gave her these little beads and told her they were special and that if she threw them at a dog she was scared of, it would back off... and she stopped getting scared

but then again, it would have been pretty bad if she had thrown them at a pitbull and gotten mauled...

7. SteveO

SteveO Guest

that thought just popped in my head, dogs don't like shit thrown at them

8. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

:squint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.