does spybot S&d not work?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kilabeez0, Nov 12, 2004.

1. kilabeez0

kilabeez0 New Member

i've dled from 2 different sites, and when i try to "fix the problem" an error pops up and i have to end now.

2. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo New Member

crap i thought it was only me!

i keep running it and it just keeps dying at about 10% of the job.

its always "NOT RESPONDING"

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

it can't remove what's running. some systems are so screwed up that it can't deal with it.

if your system is that borked, it's time to format and re-install... Spyware and antivirus is a preventative measure -- it's not something easily done after the fact.

4. kilabeez0

kilabeez0 New Member

well it locates all the files, and when i go to remove them it gets to the end and says it's missing the .dll part of the program to complete the removal, and that re-installing it should work, but it doesn't. so should i really format and re-install? and btw i have no idea how to do that.

i've always ran adaware almost daily since i got my computer almost a year ago, and rarely ever download anything other than music from winmx.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

winmx? :rolleyes:

yes, you must format and re-install windows.... there's been a 10:1 ratio of threads on how to do just that, recently.

6. kilabeez0

kilabeez0 New Member

i also have like almost 40 processes running, i'm guessing that's way too much? i'd like to go into my msconfig, but i'm afraid i'll mess something up. and i dont have a windows cd so how am i looking now?

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

looking like you not only like illigal music, but also have an illigal copy of windows?

take out $95, and go to your local computer store. purchase a legit version of Windows XP Home... reformat...

8. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

or d/l linux for free (eliminating the piracy part) and install that (eliminating the spyware part) :hsugh:

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

eliminating piracy in his case would leave him with a heap of hardware that he couldn't use because he prolly won't work too well with Linux.

And eliminating spyware? How? Because linux sure doesn't do that!

10. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

not saying that it doesnt exist, but i havent EVER come across any....maybe im just overly cautious :)

EDIT: and depending on the distro, it will be pretty tough nowadays to come across hardware that won't work...hell throw mandrake on it and i bet everything detects

11. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not that the hardware won't work -- but that "he" won't work too well with Linux.

It's steep learning curve leaves most attemptees huddled in the corner in the fetal position.

If you can't keep your system working in windows, then linux is too difficult.

12. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

......your prolly right.....:hs:

13. Maintenance

Maintenance Guest

the running it in safe mode (F8 at boot brings up the menu)

14. deezil

deezil Guest

it will sometimes hang, don't get impatient. My suggestion, run it right before bedtime, make sure your computer isn't set to go to sleep after so long, and then get up in the morning and it will all be done.

15. Burns45678

Burns45678 New Member

try a good old registry clean with crap cleaner(google it im tired of doing links) they in theory clear any trace of you being on the internet then add zone alarm firewall(again just google it) i havnt had a popup yet exept there is this one damned search bar i cant get rid of no mater what
    but its not the computers fault you have popups in the end its your fault for going to those naughty websites or hiting yes on that random download popup

but if you dont feel like going through all that trouble get adaware as a replacment for spybot
    the problem with spybot and adaware is that the spyware always comes back try my methode i hope you get good results

16. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

zone alarm is crap.. I've seen a lot of systems that get borked with it. It's on my shit list.

17. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

keep clicking ok thru all the error messages if it lets you. It should eventually remove a good part of teh spyware. Reboot and run it again doing the same thing. You might have to do it a few times or run it in safemode for it work clean everything. remove everything from startup also.

18. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

when i see it on a system, i uninstall it. 90% of the time the internet miraculously works after ZA is uninstalled.