Does penis length really matter? A medical/anatomical perspective...with PICS! *SNWS*

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sabin8401, Oct 6, 2005.

1. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

As a first year medical student, I am learning an incredible amount of information about the human body. This kind of medical knowledge has the potential to dispel many popular myths and rumors. I do realize that the topic of penis size/how much feeling is in the vagina/etc. has been covered 11ty billion times in the past; however, I thought that it might be helpful to shed more light on the subject, via anatomy.

That being said, the main point is that size (length) does not matter (except in extreme cases, e.g. a penis that is 3+ standard deviations shorter than the mean). Unfortunately, due to the huge amount of human variation, the consensus on "average" penis size is continually changing. To approach this issue from a more objective point, we should look at why penis size would matter (to limit the length of the discussion, we should limit the context to heterosexual intercourse). Does having a longer penis make the woman feel better? NO! If any woman truly believes that having an 8" long penis feels better than a 5" long one, then it is all in her head.

Why? Many of you may have probably heard that only a small portion of the vagina is actually sensitive to touch/feeling. I had, as well, but, until now, was slightly skeptical. This is completely true, and backed up by anatomical facts. To understand this better, everyone should remember that our nervous system has 2 "systems" - autonomic and somatic. The autonomic nervous system (ANS) is involuntary. A person cannot control what goes through the nerve fibers of the ANS. The somatic system is voluntary and sensory. For example, if you touch a hot surface and you feel pain - that is from somatic nerve fibers.

Now, with that out of the way, take a look at this picture.

[​IMG]

See all those nerves running everywhere? They are almost all part of the autonomic nervous system. The only nerves that are part of the somatic system (i.e. the only ones that provide feeling) are the ones at the bottom (branches of the pudendal nerve). These nerves are only present in the lower one-fifth to one-fourth of the vagina. The clitoris has its own set of nerves, which are branches of the ilioinguinal, genitofemoral, and perineal nerves, and are not pictured above. How long is the average vagina? Again, there is no scientific consensus due to the large amount of variation, but most of the estimates I have seen vary from 4-7 inches. Of course, some penises are longer than this and yet are able to fit inside. How is that possible? Directly behind the external ostium of the uterus (where it meets the vagina), there is a pouch called the posterior vaginal fornix. This space accomodates the erect penis during intercourse. It is not normally included in the calculated length of the vagina; it is illustrated in the following picture.

[​IMG]

Anyway, that is just a sidenote. Again, the point is that one-fifth to one-fourth of the length of any vagina is really not that much. So, ladies, that's the only part that gives you feeling; and guys, remember that it's not necessarily how big it is, it's how you use it. As far as G-spot stimulation is concerned, it is only 2-3" deep on the anterior internal surface of the vagina, and stimulation by the penis is usually not effective (this info is from Zemo's Vaginarium FAQ). Besides, that spot and its stimulation is not covered in my anatomy books. :(

I hope that this has been helpful. I am only a lowly medical student, so forgive me if I have made any mistakes in conveying this information. I added the SNWS warning to protect anyone who may work for someone who does not like anatomical pictures. :noes:

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Very good read. Many interesting facts I did not know. However, regardless of medical reasons I think a big penis is better (this coming from an avergae size guy). If nothing else I think it just gives the guy a self steem boos which in turn makes them better in bed. Its just like anything else. Do I REALLY need to bench press 300lbs? Hell no I dont. But I feel better knowing that I can.

3. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

many positions like spooning warrants a longer dong.

also if u read www.penissizedebate.com u will see that there are women that relish the penis pressing on the fornix/cul de sac area for intense stimulation.

4. RockChick

RockChick New Member

thats why fingers (fingering) are so successful.

what about the cervix? do we have nerves there? cos sometimes it feels good when he hits it...

5. Reign

Reign Banned

If you push down on a girls tummy while you're penetrating them, that generally pushes the G-spot into a position where it can be stimulated by the penis. Works like a charm for me.

6. Reign

Reign Banned

How ever... I'm fairly thick too, average length, but I'm thick.

7. saleen1_sr

saleen1_sr Active Member

why cant the viginal cavity be as small as the anal cavity.

8. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Good read:bigthumb:

9. lebomb

lebomb New Member

Bullshit, Ive had girls tell me they love to feel my dick in their upper abdomen.:bigthumb:

10. RockChick

RockChick New Member

how in gods name did you get to their upper abdomen??????????? :eek4:

11. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

I realize that some positions are accomplished easier with a larger penis; that was not up for debate here. I was simply showing that a guy does not need to have a humongous dong to satisfy a woman vaginally during intercourse. Getting into that initial one-fifth to one-fourth is an entirely different topic.

Also, no offense, but that website does not seem extremely credible. A couple of relatively unreliable quotes from the website:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A woman's vaginal pleasure during intercourse is greatly although not exclusively dependent on her partner's penis size."

"
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Copulating with a big penis creates more chance for offspring."[/FONT]

12. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

There are nerves in essentially every orifice of the body. There are definitely nerves around the cervix, but they are not nerves that provide somatic innervation. Maybe it's all in your head, or maybe you just enjoy being poked in the cervix. ;)

Uh, upper abdomen? :ugh2:
    Try again, stud. No penis is ever going to get up there, unless it rips through several layers of muscle, fascia, and peritoneum.

13. symptic

symptic I run companies

True, it doesn't matter. But it doesn't hurt, either. :naughty:

14. krondo

krondo New Member

i think this post just saved my life...

15. xoolinzyoox

xoolinzyoox New Member

just because a girl feels you in her LOWER abdomen, doesnt mean you get a cookie and you have a big penis. if you lay her on her stomach, and you lay on top and enter from behind, put your hand on hr abdomen - you can feel it, same with any other guy with an average penis.

16. Shadygirl

Shadygirl Love is Life and Happiness

I guess it really depends on the person....Personally I think it matters....

17. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

:run: They're still teaching the same old things in Med school.

I'm "crazy" and "misinformed" because I can have uterine orgasms.

Do they still teach that there is no g-spot, and that women do not have the physical structure to allow for ejaculation as well?

18. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

Like I said, there is nothing in my textbook about the g-spot or a woman's capacity to ejaculate. Maybe it's because there has not been extensive research in this area - after all, a medical textbook can only contain what has been backed up by research. Of course, this is not to say that these phenomena do not occur - they very well may.

Also, as previously mentioned, a lot of the "bigger is better" mentality is just that - mentally motivated. The effects of the mind are incredibly powerful (as easily demonstrated by placebo effects) - and it is easy to see that they stretch to the sexual realm as well. As countless threads in the Vag have mentioned, a lot of times sexual problems are related to mental concerns (performance anxiety being just one example). The same goes for penis size - if you truly believe that having a longer penis satisfies you more, then you will probably get more pleasure from a longer penis. However, all I wanted to point out in this thread is that, physically, having a longer penis does not provide more vaginal stimulation than having an average-sized one.

19. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

According to that book, what IS the average size (length/girth)?? I don't think I've ever seen a true figure. Only the varying guesses here, ranging from 3" to 12".

20. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

There is so much variation that, as I said before, the consensus on "average" is constantly changing. Estimates range anywhere from 5-6" nowadays, I think...

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

Hmm... good to know. :cool:

22. BTA

BTA New Member

Most women wouldnt know an 8" penis from a 5" penis anyway.

23. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

:rofl:

24. BlazinBlazer Guy

It depends if the guy with the 8" trimmed/shaved his pubes or not.... :mamoru:

25. CatGoesLowest

CatGoesLowest New Member

Guys, its all in how you use it!!!!!!!!