does pc games run on virtual pc 7

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vietkrazyboi, Dec 25, 2004.

1. vietkrazyboi

vietkrazyboi New Member

i just got a powerbook g4 and i've only used pc in the past. i was thinking of buying the virtual pc 7 but i do not know all about it. im thinking that it'll be like a pc emulator and i can transfer all my files from my pc and use it on the powerbook, games, docs, music, movies, etc. true?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not really. I wouldn't think it could handle any intensive PC gaming. Everyone that I have talked to about it complains about how slow it is.

3. vietkrazyboi

vietkrazyboi New Member

well i only play games like the sims and diablo 2... but what about the other apps like word and windows media player

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

why are you using a mac then? if you want word, then get Microsoft Office for the Macintosh...

Fuck WMP... that shit sucks, even on the PC. Use XMMS or iTunes.

If you try to do "PC" things on a mac, then you're going to be disappointed and will eventually go crazy. There are PC ways, and Mac ways -- use the one appropriate for the platform you are working on.

I don't know about Diablo 2, but I know the Sims is always released on the Mac... Go get the mac version!

damn... why do you even want a mac if you can't get the PC out of your mind?

5. vietkrazyboi

vietkrazyboi New Member

cuz its a chritmas present from my dad

you really arn't all that jolly

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I'm jolly when people are not dumb, or when women with big breasts are around me... yes, that makes me quite jolly....

But when dumbasses start going on and on about getting a mac but then EVERYTHING they want to run is PC-based, I start to question why it's not a good idea for the government to do controlled breeding... I mean, honestly, times like these make me wonder what's so bad about a controlling government -- it's obvious the population in general cannot make educated decisions.

[/end sarcasm]

you're obviously a younger person, so you probably qualify for this:

Microsoft Office 2004: Students and Teachers Edition

If $150 is still too much for you, then I recommend:

Open Office

OpenOffice is free, and will recognize all your Microsoft Word (and most other MSOffice) documents.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  7. tonyk

tonyk New Member

dont waste your money on virtual pc, i bought it a long time ago for my old imac and only played solitaire on it.

if you want pc games, just get the mac versions if they have it. if they dont have one then you're out of luck.