Does OT recognize anything besides ID?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Danno, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

Just wondering, seems like every post I look at everyone is saying that ID is better than any other brand of speaker out there.

Do you guys ever recognize companies like Adire, RE, edesign?

2. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

They're all terribly misled... Poor souls. :greddy2:

3. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

i have never seen anyoen say id is better than any brand BoB G knows even i have never fully stated that ID > ALL

ID makes excellent products and for the money they are tough to beat its as simple as that

alot of people on OT use ID so they recomend what they use.. Most people do that ;) they recomend what they use and like

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

yes there are other brands out there, the only thing i like from Image Dynamics is their horns.

5. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

it seems like everyone here is also jsut going for sq and no one really ever talks about spl at all, just sq.

6. Danno

Dont get me wrong, I'm not faulting anyone for recommending them. Just seems like you guys could give a broader range of speakers when asked what to get.

There was a thread I just looked at that said the ID is better than the W7...I've never heard an ID, but I find it hard to believe it will outperform a W7.

Granted the W7 will cost twice as much as anything else, but it's hard to argue the performance of it.

7. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

http://www.m-emag.com/article.asp?section_id=13&article_id=302

8. Danno

That doesn't tell me a whole lot. I just read a similar article from MTX saying they are coming out with the most potent "super woofer", and from some of the stats on the thing it COULD be, but performance out weighs talk by a mile.

9. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Guest

I like ARC audio too... their speakers are nice... (im not too fond of the KAR series though)

What up BobG? :wavey: :fawk:

10. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

what didnt that help you with?

did you even read the article?

Conclusions
    The Image Dynamics iDMAX 12 D4 subwoofer is the new king of the 12-inch hill. It has the most output of any 12 I’ve tested to date, and its response smoothness is better than or equivalent to any other 12 I know. It combines tasteful design, engineering excellence, incredible power, and fantastic sonics. If you must have the best 12-inch sub I’ve ever tested, then this is it. The iDMAX12 has only two limitations: Its mounting depth and its $449 suggested retail price. No, it’s not tanned and it’s not blond, but I do think it’s well shaped, and so is its frequency-response curve—and that’s no California dreaming.

11. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Guest

yeah, what he said. :p

12. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I bought my IDQ based off of the recommendations of this board...I couldn't be any happier :)

13. ZeroDeeFeX

ZeroDeeFeX OT Supporter

ED A series is beautiful, that's all I have to say

14. 04

04 Guest

Well, as LS said, the W7 is pretty comparable with the IDMAX...

It is also compareable with the Brahma, RE XXX, etc...

Pretty much all those woofers are in the same league. It will really depend on the install to hear much of a difference between all of them.

Its really a matter of personal preference and reliability and how much you like the company, etc...

15. Danno

That's what I'm currently running.

Just kind of wondering guys. Glad to see everyone is open to suggestions though.

16. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

i guess i fall into this catagory with my Brahma

17. hitmikey

hitmikey DRIVEN FROM WITHIN

Kickers :p

18. 93ex

93ex New Member

19. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Elemental Designs crew represent :p

Running two of the older A12's in my car right now. The best part is I only paid $140 for each of them.

Now I need to get my hands on a pair of the NEW A's and everything will be gravy.

20. caraudioguy

caraudioguy Guest

well as a profetional installer i can tell you from experiance you can take the shittyest sub in the world and make it sound good with the right box, same goes for an quality speaker shitty box=shitty sound. and if you say im wrong your wrong. if you can i reccomend buying bass box pro

21. 04

04 Guest

You are wrong. There are drivers out their that are so underdamped, you will NEVER even get them below a .707Q in a sealed box. Not saying that you cant get good sound with a system Q of higher than .707, but if your driver's Q in free air is significantly higher than that anyways, you are going to have a real tough time making it sound good.

And you should know that if you use bass box pro...

22. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

LEAP > bass box pro

the point of something being shitty is IT IS SHITTY.. you cant make something sound good that wasnt designed to sound good.. Prove me wrong mr im wrong..

23. caraudioguy

caraudioguy Guest

you people that disagree ask a master installer and see what they tell you. i know 4 of em if you want there numbers just ask

24. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

do you work at audio express? sounds like it

im not trying to be a dick but the fact is you can not make something that cost 10.99 from dbl sound like say an IDQ Neither output nor sq will even come close...

25. 04

04 Guest