Does ON whey have enough BCAAs, or is

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Buzz Killington, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Additional supplementation needed?

Say at 4-7 scoops per day?

:dunno:

2. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

Its a "decent" amount for an average athlete. HOwever I usually will take an additional 2-3 grams along with whatever I get from ON.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I maybe wrong but I thought the main point of taking BCAA's is the immediate absorbption rather than having to still be digested.

4. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

only when you have an overload of serotonin flooding your brain is where I believe the absorption timing is necessary...thats all I can think of.

the point of BCAA's is to stimulate protien sythesis and increase the cell's capacity for this sythesis, thus decreasing breakdown.

5. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

is there a specific time that it'd be best to take BCAA's? before workout? during workout? after workout? before bed? first thing in the morning? etc.

6. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

I usually take equal amounts throughout the day but make sure that one of those times is right after working out.

morning
    after workout
    before bed

although some believe that serotonin levels rise during workout (if you've ever experiened fatigue, not exhaustion but fatigue it could be that) since they rise during workout some believe that in order to combat this they take their BCAAs prior to training to reduce the amount of tryptophan(which converts to serotonin) that enters your brain. i've never experienced any difference in it.

7. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

From what I've read BCAAs help lessen fatigue during workouts and muscle atrophy(sp??), the best time to take them is during workout.

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i take mine when i wake up, pre work out, during work out, post work out, and before bed.

9. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Overanalyzing....

Also, holy shit at 4-7 scoops of whey a day. :eek3: That's like 80-140g of protein just from your whey. :noes:

10. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

I take 4 on my workout days . .

11. lowridah

lowridah G

i've noticed that when i do take them pre-workout i won't fatigue as quickly. I can easily last 1.5 hours (including cardio)

12. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

Whats strange is that I don't notice much of a difference when i take them up to an hour before hand to when i take them in the morning. its when I don't take them for up to a week I notice a drag in energy in the gym. Then when getting back on them I notice I'm more [focused] than when not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.