MMA Does my endurance suck?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by FrankieSixxxgun, Aug 9, 2007.

1. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun New Member

I'm 6'2" and ~195lbs with ~12-13% BF. Last night we did endurance runs on the heavy bags just to see how many properly thrown punches we could get off in a round. The guy before me who was shorter, ~165lbs, and probably in the single digit BF% range was able to get off something like 380 punches in a round. I was only able to lay down around 270 punches. Does my endurance blow? I've only been training for about a month and I'm obviously much larger than the guy who went before me, but I still felt bad for throwing 100 punches less. Am I being too hard on myself? This is the first time in my boxing training that I felt I did something sub par, so I'm harping on it.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

drills liek that are tough and its something you need to train specifically, your weight, BF%, and cardio dont make a difference when it comes to that.

just keep workign hard and you will get better and bettter.

3. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

maybe he throws shorter punches and he may also be more used to the motion than you are.

did you feel gassed afterwards?

4. FrankieSixxxgun

He definitely throws shorter punches than me. I'm a gangly fuck and have some pretty long arms.

Well, not gassed, but I'm definitely not 100% afterwards. When that buzzer rings I'm definitely grateful for that minute off before jumping back into it. I'm not wheezing for breath of anything, but my heart rate is elevated pretty high and I've got a good sweat on.

I think it's just a really tough drill and it was my first time at it.

5. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

All punches are not the same a smaller guy will be able to throw more punches per minute the effort you put into those punches also effects how many you can throw say if you are throwing at 75% and you drop the effort back to 50% youll throw alot more punches but actually do less work.

I wouldnt be too hard on yourself 270 is alot of punches in a round.

6. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Dude it was your first time.
    Relax and get after it next time.

7. FrankieSixxxgun

Heh, I like I be the over achiever. Like I said, I'm probably being too hard on myself. Thanks for the advice guys.