Does masturbation make you tired over the long haul?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by t-cab, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-cab

t-cab New Member

so me and my roommates were having a debate of sorts. i find myself always fatigued despite the fact that i eat healthy, sleep well, and work out regularly. i also masturbate daily while they do not. they claim that it is the masturbation which causes me to always be tired. i find this bogus as while masturbation/sex might make one be temporarily tired for a few minutes afterwards, theres no way the fatigue prolongs throughout the day.

does anyone have a scientific explanation?

2. TZ

TZ Banned

i really doubt ejaculating has any effect on lifting

ive gotten wasted and then PR'd the next day, mind over matter son

3. t-cab

t-cab New Member

well not really lifting, but i mean in your overall state of energy in your daily life.

4. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I came across this: http://www.360degreesuccess.com/general/how-to-keep-your-energy-high-throughout-the-day/ - scroll to the bottom.
    Someone else has done a study, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070515014740AA4aj49&show=7 , but not sure how scientific it was.

I've also discussed this topic with someone whom is familiar with yoga and hindu scriptures and he told me that a lot of energy is required to create life, therefore a lot of energy is put into making the sperm - which is what you throw away when masturbating. Do I believe him...probably yes. I have noticed that I feel slightly weaker when I do, however it could be in my mind.

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:rofl:

Yes, hormones/reproductive systems are among the first to go when dieting (ie less energy to supply your body).

6. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

It's all about that zinc man!!!

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

wrong forum

8. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

that doesn't make any sense. It's already been created so the energy loss is already done. hmm well i guess it could because ejaculating causes you to create more than you normally would.

9. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Throughout my competitive swimming career we were always told to not have sex/masturbate the night before meets. I think I heard that it momentarily lowers your testosterone levels or something.

10. damiand

damiand Proceed

I think there was a study posted here not too long ago that your test level peak on the 7th day after ejaculating. It should be around somewhere. What I dont remember is if they peak and stay high untill you blow a load again.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i beat off like 3 times a day dude (even when I'm at a stage of having regular sex) and have been working, going to school, going out with friends, and doing it all on a lack of sleep because of internet addiction keeping me up for the past 3-4 years.

If it's slowing me down then I should probably stop doing it so I can work myself into a heart attack.

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

try going for 6-8 rep PR's the day after you drink heavily.... that shit is fucking rugged. I used to do heavy DLs on the weekends after having drank heavily the night before and it always left me wanting to die. Maybe it's dehydration; I don't know.

13. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

yah aif i masturbate for tlike 3 h4rs bro

14. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

You are making sperm 24/7 all day long; it doesn't matter if you are unloading your uh load daily. I do not really understand how it could really effect a person or their lifting. Diet and sleep would have a more noticed effect on your fatigue levels.
    I have fucked my gf's brains out the night before training in the morning getting only 5 hours of sleep or so and set PR's the next morning. So, it is probably bullshit, especially if it is coming from a Yogi...

15. TZ

TZ Banned

lol, no thanks :wavey:

usually after i drink i stay up anyways and rehydrate myself and eat lots of mexican food :o

16. lolerskates

lolerskates New Member

idk, if I crank one off in the morning before work 9 times out of 10 I'll be dragging all day

17. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

Motivation to get laid-->push harder at the the gym?

18. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

You work out to get laid? :hsugh:

19. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

:werd: I lift so I can fight off those sluts trying to hop on my knob

:rofl:

I can't see anybody who works out to get laid sticking with it for long

20. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

:ugh: If you were as skinny as I am, it'd be one of your big motivators too. I'm 5'8, 130 lbs. I started about 5 months ago and was 120. Being this skinny definitely holds me back, and even if it doesn't really matter, it at least gives me more confidence, on top of being something that I just enjoy for a bunch of other reasons now.

21. Sticky Sock Puppet

Sticky Sock Puppet Covered in semen

among other reasons :o

22. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I am not sure I would advise beating off or having sex prior to an important physical event, but I cannot imagine it would hinder your daily energy in the long-haul.

When I used to train with martial arts and competitive lifting myself and others never thought it was a good idea to do either before a meet... and in asian cultures it is thought that refraining from sexual acts that cause ejaculation makes the mind more clear and focused and the body stonger.

Not sure how much truth is in that, but again, I don't think your daily fatigue is caused by beating off. Either you are not getting enough sleep, your actual quality of sleep sucks, or your diet/exercise routine is not as "in-check" as you thought.

23. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

word for me its more like shitload of water, glass of OJ, and maybe some meat if my stomach can handle food. I don't drink too heavy lately (no liquor, just a lot of beer when I do drink) so the food part is pretty much regular these days.

24. TZ

TZ Banned

:werd: son

25. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

aw shit dunn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.