SRS Does Marijuana Use Even Have Any Side Effects?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TheScatman, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheScatman

TheScatman It's the summer of Scatman

I was wondering about this the other day, because I've had to stop smoking due to drug tests but I still continue to see my friends smoke upwards of 9 or 10 times a day. So I was just thinking if mairjuana really has any permanant side effects and addictive properties? I guess I'm trying to decide whether I wanna go back to smoking casually when these tests are over...

2. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

You will hear time and time again someone say that drugs are only as addictive as the person taking them. The reason this is said is because it's true. If you are not experiencing any withdrawels then good for you. I think in some cases, since weed is a psychadelic drug, it does matter which drugs you used when drugging yourself. For instance: If you used other psychadelic drugs there is more of a chance, with the constant use of marijuana to experience paranoia and other side effects associated with marijuana use. The reason I believe this is because these psychadelic drugs reenforce each other's effect on the drug abuser. I'm all by myself here. This isn't a modern medical stance regarding pot, and I havent researched it so take it as it is. Just a theory.

Most people say there are no serious side effects and then would quote what I said above about the drug being as addictive as the addict. On the flipside marijuana has some serious contributions on the scale of taking pain away and causing only very minor side effects.

... meh.. guess that's all I got. Rablin again..

3. blazing187

blazing187 Guest

i smoke at least every day.and usualy we go through about 2 or 3 ounces a week end counting 3 ppl on it.i feel great every daay i wake up im excited to start the day with a nice wake and bake

4. TheScatman

TheScatman It's the summer of Scatman

:rofl: Why is this acceptable but people says it horrible for alcoholics to wake up and drink? Its pretty unhealthy if you can't go on waking moment without being drunk or high

5. ghostfacekilla

ghostfacekilla New Member

2 or 3 ounces a week? thats a lot of weed man, how can you afford that, and possibly smoke that much?

6. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

i feel sorry for you

"Our whole life and thinking was centered in drugs in one form or another - the getting and using and finding ways and means to get more."

if what excites you is the idea of getting high, you have very very low aspirations. For me, when i was behaving similarly, i was paying the high cost of the low lifestyle.

7. ATlasIAm

ATlasIAm peace will never exist in the world...but it's a n

nothin wrong with a man who knows what he wants and what he likes in life.

8. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:uh: "i want to sit around and think about getting high all day"

sounds like the win, a real productive member of society.

9. ghostfacekilla

ghostfacekilla New Member

i smoke what i consider to be a lot, which is like a few days a week, like right before i go to bed to relax and shit. but 2 to 3 ounces a week, thats like 600 bucks a week atleast. i dont smoke because i need to, i do it to relax and chill out, but doing it as soon as you get up and being high everyday of the week all day long is a little past recreational in my opinion

10. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

Try taking perscription painkillers. Just make up back pain, have your friends do the same, and soon you'll have a nice stash of pills to pop thats better than pot, cheaper if insurance pays for it, and doesnt show up on drug tests.

11. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

theres no side effects... except for possible lung problems from smoking (and there havent been any cancers reported from weed even though it has more tar than cigarettes... probably because theres a lot less chemical put into it)

for 100% safe, you can eat it in brownie form or something.. then theres nothing going into your lungs.

Theres no physiological addiction like nicottine w/ cigarettes or whatever the harder drugs do...it can be habit forming though I guess (like TV or computers).... and the THC high from weed doesn't leave toxins in your brain and kill braincells like cigarettes or alchol and it doesn't damage your liver like alcohol does.

there might be something about short term memory inhibitions after a long time of serious smoking, but that might be one of the crap stories (ie, it somehow destroys your testosterone and turns boys into girls) that the gov't came up with in the 50s and 60s when they didn't know what to do with MJ.

12. ATlasIAm

it doesn't concern me so i don't really care. There are worse things that people can be doing. Whatever makes him happy. If he feels that he doesn't want to go any farther in life, why hate on him. He's happy with smoking weed, it gives him something to look forward to, and it doesn't affect me in anyway.

13. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:werd:, my opinion as well

if he didn't post here because he thought he had a problem, he was posting here because he was trying to brag about how normal he was...

14. Glennhuricane

Glennhuricane New Member

good high

15. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

this forum is called "road to recovery" not "lets try to get people into MORE addictive substances"

to the original poster, there are short term memory side effects but i've been told of studies proving that it isn't long term at all...now this study is something i was told by a kid i was in a class with and smoked with a few times...he said his best friend was involved in the study and they had the people take iq tests, smoke for a set period of time, and take iq tests again...then they have them stop smoking and give them these tests every set interval of time...after 30 days (maybe, i don't remember the exact number) everyones iq was basically right back where it started

now don't quote me on this because it could be bullshit...just something i heard

p.s. if there were other long term effects, the government would have capitalized on them in their "war against drugs"...the anti-weed commercials i see are just propaganda and what-if situations

16. wase4711

wase4711 New Member

Yeah, and once the government figures out how to totally control the mfg, and distribution, and establish the "governing and taxing" body, it will be legal in all 50 states; I mean now that Canada has decriminalized it, and mexico doesnt care either, the USA can't hold out much longer..
    I defy anyone to prove its any worse than booze, cigarettes, or any of the other "legal" vices...

17. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i don't see this happening anytime in the near future...possibly not even in our lifetime

especially not with bush as president...(a.k.a. the president who doesn't like to ever admit he has made mistakes) he would have to admit that this war on drugs isn't doing much

but anyways...i don't want to get this guys thread closed...if you really want to debate about weed or whatever, head over to on-topic (where i hang out most often on this site)

18. ATlasIAm

It's not worse long term, but it is "harder" than anything that is legal while you are on it. While drunk, you can still have "normal" thoughts, while as high your thoughts are totally screwed up.

and btw, it won't be legalized, you are fooling yourself there my friend.

19. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

you can have normal thoughts when drunk?

we can straight weighing out the positives vs. negatives of weed vs. alcohol and i would put money on weed coming out ahead

drunk people get violent...you get mean...you take little things and blow them into much larger issues (i.e. if someone says something to you that isn't important, you are more likely to say "what the hell did you just say to me" when drunk)...how many violent potheads do you know? its also quite a bit safer to drive high than drunk (not advocating either)

anyways...i can list tons of other things but this is not the right forum

if you want to talk about it further head over to on-topic or just pm me...please don't quote me or try to bait me to come back to this thread...i'll be happy to talk to you about this, but this is not the right place

20. toker

toker Guest

:ugh: normal thoughts when your drunk and screwed up thoughts when stoned:ugh:

What are you smoking?

I think its the other way around, its the drunk people who cant think staight!

21. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

all drugs will cloud your thinking... :uh:

That's why they call it dope... its for dopes, you fuckin dopes

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

in my experience, the more unhappy I have been in general, the more I have smoked

I've changed to a healthy lifestyle and eliminated stress, and I don't have the desire to smoke all the time like I used to. I still smoke recreationally on occasion.

I was a heavy smoker for about 6 years.

23. ATlasIAm

what i'm saying is that in my experience, i find weed to greater affect my normal thought pattern than alcohol. When i've driven high, i've gotten paranoid and thought i was lost when it's a street i drive down every day.

24. Benson

Benson Guest

my own thoughts on this are
    in the long run.....
    weed makes u lazy

:dunno:

25. TheRemains

TheRemains If I sound disrespectful, it's only because you're

I've never understood the paranoid thing, I never get paranoid. Sometimes you mind leads you in tangents and maybe some distortions. Alcohol is much worse though. I just can't think at all or concentrate on anything for more than a millisecond. At least with marijuana when a person actually tries to concentrate it works. I always play MP games better when I'm high :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.