Does everyone date for today or for the future?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Feb 16, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

i am currently dating this girl. I like her and all but i cant picture her in the future as bf/gf. Is it wrong to continue to date this girl even though she might not become my gf?

2. Canuckistan

Canuckistan New Member

It pretty much matters what stage you are in your life, and what you want. If you're looking for the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, find her. Dont stay with one you dont see a future with. But if you're not ready for that, jsut have fun, but make sure she knows as well.

3. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

For me, first few dates are just that, dates. As it goes on longer, i look more toward the future, cause i'm wanting something long-term, and dont' want to waste too much of my time if there's no future.

4. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

by dating i am referring to pretty much bf/gf without the title. But we are exclusive.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Why be involved in a relationship you don't see going anywhere? I guess I can understand if you are younger than 18 or so, but once you get past that, is there any real point in becomming g/f-b/f if you dont plan on being together for a while?

Now if you just want to occasionaly date someone thats cool, but why sell yourself to one person if you dont plan on being with them for a long time.

6. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

I completly agree. Why date someone when you don't see the relationship going anywhere? Doens't it feel like a waste of time?

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: i agree...

even though i've said many times that i don't see myself getting married (not for ~10 years if i do), when going out with guys, etc, i ask myself if i could see myself with them long-term. needless to say, i have only had one exclusive boyfriend, and we dated only 6 months. :o... i don't know if it's the fact that i'm scared to commit or that i'm uber picky. :hs:

not only do i not want to waste my time, i don't want to send guys mixed messages. that's not fair, imo...

8. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

I guess I'm different, I've been in a long relationship, for over 2 years and I did see myself staying with this girl forever. But now I just wanna date to have fun and not think about anything serious with that person.

9. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

thats exactly why way of looking at it

10. nikkostarr5

nikkostarr5 New Member

yeah, i agree with whats been said. Don't lead people on if you just intend on dumping them, cuz ive been there and it hurts. She might be seeing it like you do, so get out asap, if you arent intrested.

11. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

i am interested at the moment... but shouldnt i just keep on going to see where it actually takes me?

12. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Hmmm, interesting thoughts here.

If this were a few years ago, I'd say stay in the relationship and have fun, do those "dating" things, like going out and just enjoying each others company, more if you both realize where the relationship stands. ;)

But now, I want something more long term, looking for somone where I could spend the rest of my life with, unfortunatly you do have to date, hang out, be in each other's company for a bit to see if there might be a future.

So I guess my best answer would be date for whatever reason you feel is where you are at in your life/desires right now, but don't be closed minded to the idea that you may end up with who you are with now, because thst does happen. Just remember to treat other with respect.

13. nikkostarr5

nikkostarr5 New Member

If you mean you wanna see if you'll get sex, I think thats really cruel. If she's ok with a light "just dating" relationship then go ahead, but don't trick her into thinking you want more than you do.

14. a2vwnick

a2vwnick VW Motorsports

For myself, if after a few months of dating I can't see myself marrying the person then I break it off. Its just not fair to either of us, I see alot of people who get caught up for years in a relationship that they are unhappy with just because they have been together so long they forget what makes them happy.

15. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

no no... i think its more of that i am not mature enough for anything too serious.

16. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

btw i am 22

17. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Every girl i date now i ask myself if i can forsee myself being with them and possibly getting married. I'm 23 btw

18. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

and if u cant?

19. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Break it off and don't waste the time. Why be with someone you know you won't be happy with for the rest of your life?