Does Eagle 20/20 glass cleaner remove rain-x?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Aug 2, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i applied rain-x to my cars windows, and i absolutely love it. i thought it was some tv infomercial gimmick, but i was sure wrong, and ill never have a car w/o it in the future.

anyways, im using Eagle 20/20 glass cleaner as recommended by the stickied product review thread. does cleaning your windows w/ this remove the rain-x?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Actually, 20/20 on its own has the same effect as RainX, so I no longer use RainX. No sense buying two products when one not only cleans but repels water too.

3. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

No Eagles 20/20 does NOT remove it. I have had rain-x on there for a few months and no change in anything. According to the bottle though Stoners Invisible Glass does. I cant verify this though.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

It may not *remove* RainX but it repels water just the same. I haven't used RainX in probably 7-8 years now since I started using 20/20 and now NXT Glass Cleaner. Both repel water at least as well as RainX and all you have to do is simply clean the glass. I see no reason to spend the money on RainX anymore.

5. Robb

Robb Guest

nxt repels really well, cleans awesome as well