does cosmetic damage void applecare?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KuntryFresh, Mar 5, 2007.

1. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

i have a few knick on the side of my imac ...before i got the laptop i took it too and from school with me. got a couple dings....and the big one....my screen has a knick in it.....i was sitting at my desk on a hot ass summer day holding my box fan to my chest n leaning back...i kinda drifted off and my mom startled me i sat up n it fell forward...dings the edge of the left part of screen n knicked a piece out of the screen.

my HD is on the way out...i hope this doesent void it....if it does im still raising hell in the store.

2. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

doubt it

3. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

if it appears that you dropped it based on your "nicks", applecare is voided :wtc:

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

are they surface knicks? if so, you could rub them out with some fine grit sandpaper/rubbing compound

if the knicks appear to be the cause of the problem, then applecare is void

5. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

they couldnt be rubbed out

how does this void it? i dont get it.....i paid what 300$ for this and they are gonna tell me no? i could see if it was huge but a few knicks....goddamn them

6. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Happened to my friend's powerbook G4, like 4 months after he got it. There was a nick on the case, and his HD crapped out. They sent it in, and apple refused to service it because it looked like the damage was from him.

7. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

that's weird because when i got my 4th gen iPod, i went back 6 months later because the hard drive failed. they gave me a brand new one, and my friend said "what the hell? they gave you a brand new one? you treated that thing like shit." from then on, i always got clear cases for my ipods. when i got my 5th gen, 11 months after buying it, i dropped it and half the screen went blank and the other half was just blank. it didnt have a picture any more, when i returned it, they looked at it and said "well, it's in perfect shape, so you obviously took take of it" lol but they gave me a brand new one

8. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

jesus.

well my roommate did shut the power on and off a few times to reset our internet so he could play online games. maybe thats the problem i just found out he was doing it while i wasnt there n my comp was asleep. i wondered why it was off n just assumed i turned it off

9. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

I've sent in my iBook several times and it had a crack right on the corner. one applecare guy called me up and asked about. I just lied and accused them of cracking it themselves.

got away with it.

10. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

:rofl: :Owned: