SRS Does boredom have a cure?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The One Iota, Aug 4, 2006.

1. The One Iota

The One Iota New Member

What do you do when you're bored out of your skull?

I don't have that many friends, and those that I do have are pretty far away/are extremely hard to get in touch with/leading exiting lives of their own. The person I hang out with the most is my s/o, which I'm not complaining about, but it would be really nice to have a little more male hang-out time. What would you recomend I do to just..be with people more, I guess.

That probably doesn't make any sense..but I'm tired, so :p. Thanks.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If you're bored, its cause you're boring. Find things that interest you through active exploration of new things.

3. redna

redna New Member

Yes.... do something.

4. B4 I FU R U 18

B4 I FU R U 18 Active Member

smoke more ...mod edit: no motivational drug usage speeches :hsnono:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  5. Trigger Happy

Trigger Happy OT Supporter

It is a fact of life that over time say when you are at school you have alot of friends but once you leave it is a different story, you find out who your real friends are and who the people where that were just there for well it was conveinant at the time. I found that it was like that for me when I left school and I am not saying that it is all the same for everyone. But how I saw it that once you left schooling you were lucky to have 2 good friends. Sure not saying that you don't talk to anybody else but they are just more like aquanitances (fuck I can't spell it lol). Anyway alot of people you make friends with are from work and so on but the majourity of people that you work with at the end of the day don't want to know you other than work. Sure they work with you and talk to you and stuff but in the end of the day they don't go home to sleep with you.

I like the fact that you have fun and hang around your SO but you do need to have your friends or people that you can go out with and so on. So maybe why don't you try talking or going places as a couple with your SO's couple friends or something you might find that the husband is like you or you might like some of them and might want to hang out or something like that :dunno: it's only a suggestion.

But find some hobbies that lets you be in a team or something like that with other guys if you don't want your wife to be there and you want to make friends with new guys or something like that maybe social sporting or some sort might help you out or something like that :)

I hope I said something helpful. Good luck and if you want to talk or whatever well you know where to find us :hug:

6. Martinj

Martinj New Member

Joining sports teams is a good idea. Another idea could be join a club in a sport you like such as wind surfing...

Routing for a sports team is also a way for you to get in touch with other people. You dont have to be the biggest fan but you get at least to meet other people. Join some martial art course for beginners. There are tons of things you can do to meet people. It is mostly you have to start some activity where you are forced to meet people...

I just had my GF last year, now we broke up and most people in my UNI class' are a bit too old/different

This is what I am planning to do...hopefully will help:

I am looking for a good surf club in London..
    Capoeira (its more of a dance than martial arts)
    Gym (and go to their group sessions for Yoga...hope I dont twist my neck =P)
    French Class
    Rugby team (Probably first in January)
    Volunteering

PS:Samantha is a smart chick...follow her advice.

7. Trigger Happy

Trigger Happy OT Supporter

:o my jokes over in the main forum, I am a guy really :mamoru:

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Reactionary mind much? :big grin:

9. AO

AO New Member

walk. walk. walk. walk. walk.

Grab a bottle of water and walk for 1/2 hr, turn around and go back. Look around, there's a beautiful world out there.

Ride a bike for 1/2 hr each way. watch for the cars and trucks. have a slice of pizza. walk the bike when I get tired.

Go to a city, state park. hike. take pictures. have a boxed lunch under a tree.

go to the movies.

have lunch at the mall.

learn to bowl.

go to a high school or college football game.

spend a day at a museum.

walk around downtown and go to all the shops.

go to the car races.

10. XPX

XPX New Member

you should never go to NYC then...you'd die

11. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

12. pixing

pixing New Member

:werd:

also as some others have said, join a group (sports or civic), or simply take a walk and enjoy the outdoors

there has to be something that you've wanted to learn how to do - go to the library and take out some books

then try and listen to your head - after I spend an hour or so working out in the yard and in the garden I FEEL good, recognizing that feeling and seeking it out is a good way to bring happiness (and less boredom) into your life.

13. AzN Dynomite

AzN Dynomite New Member

Crap I do when I'm bored...

- Play video games
    - Play guitar
    - Listen to music
    - Drink (bad idea, but it works for me :fawk:)
    - Jerk off
    - Do a half hour of cardio

14. shiba

shiba Active Member

literati.

15. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

museums are very dangerous!

seriously though...what are you talking about? It must be terrible to be afraid of your own world.

16. Pringles

Pringles New Member

motivation cures boredom.

17. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I've lived in a major city for all my life. You just gotta be street smart and know what's going on around you. Don't make yourself look like an easy victim, just keep an eye open as to what's going on around you. Obviously stay out of the known shit parts of town and you'll be fine. You need to get out more :)