Does apple offer any sort of buyback program?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lordcoca, Feb 2, 2005.

1. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

I've got a 12" ibook, which is much too small for me. I don't carry it around nearly enough for it's size to be of any use to me whatsoever. I began toying with the idea of selling my current ibook to upgrade to a larger model, whether it be the 14" ibook or the 15" powerbook.

The idea of a buyback program was suggested to me by a friend, and quick searches of apple's website revealed nothing. Still, does anyone know if a program does exist or not?

I've also considered merely purchasing a mac mini to sit alongside my ibook, but I'd much rather be able to organize everything on one computer. Still, if everything doesn't work out I may end up doing just that :hs:

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

i believe comp usa has some kind of trade-in credit, though it's not that much. you'd do better selling it on ebay.

3. inamorata

inamorata New Member

werd to the compusa thing but they only give you like 400 for a 1.25 anything, its a fucking tarp.

ebay it brutha.

when did you buy the 12 inch ibook?

4. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

give me some specs on it. my roommate might be interested if you want to sell it.

6. Brian

Brian New Member

i think he bought it in august or september:) i remeber because i bought my powerbook around that time and we were talking about it

7. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

It's a pretty basic ibook G4 I haven't really touched it or upgraded it or anything :hs:

1 ghz G4
    Combo Drive
    256mb RAM
    30 gb hard drive

It's pretty much the same as the model Apple is currently selling, except this has a 1 ghz processor and no airport card :hs:

It's a base model, but considering that I don't use it for much else than surfing the internet or word processing it works pretty well. And it's in perfect condition considering that it's been pretty much sitting on a desk for the past few months.

As DrPepper said, I did buy it in late August, so it's only a few months old. I'm not entirely sure what it's worth now, but I think I payed $1000 or $1100 on it :dunno: