Does Apple enforce the amount of computers you can buy on Education discount?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Aug 29, 2009.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

As you saw a few days ago I spilled a slushie on my keyboard. I got it on the caps lock, shift, A, Z, S, and X keys, however as of now everything works fine except for the one through nine number keys.

So I'm taking the computer into a local store that does Apple Warranty repairs tomorrow to see if it's covered under warranty still. If it's not then I'm going to get a quote for the repair and then will likely sell it and get a new one.

So I'm wondering if Apple enforces the maximum purchases per year. It says per Academic year you are only allowed to purchase one laptop using the education discount. I bought mine in early July, which could also possibly be considered last year, so idk if they check stuff like that or enforce it. Or should I have one of my friends buy it for me using their name?

2. ///M

///M New Member

Just walk into Best Buy, show your student ID and have them match it, get your stuff the same day, collect free iPod. Make sure to do it in the next week though so you can still get the free iPod.

3. ///M

///M New Member

Or you could buy a new MBP and do a little internal-swap, and then think about returning the new "broken" one [​IMG]

4. pbcustom98

pbcustom98 New Member

you have an amazing theory. i like it. :naughty: