Does anyones Repair Utilities work in 10.5.1?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by skolen, Dec 7, 2007.

1. skolen

skolen Guest

I'm trying to figure out why my system like to hang on shutdown (unresolved on Apple's support page as well) and I noticed I have another problem others are having. Repair permissions never works, either from the DVD or system, and it just sits there about 1/4 in.

I also noticed that Word of Warcraft (I'm testing the waters again) makes my fans run abnormally high when before it handled it no problem not to mention there's a lot of graphical glitches in the game now (same retail install discs).

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

mine are fucked up too. i figured it was just me. :dunno:

3. skolen

skolen Guest

I'm on a PowerMac G5 and I'm reading this happening on the Intel Macs as well.

4. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

I have a permission issue that fails to repair on mine as well. I see now I'm not the only one. I guess this comes with being an early adopter of a newer OS :dunno: Hopefully Apple fixes this soon

5. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

yeah, one of my permissions fails also

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

before i did an erase and install again there were about 15 system files that would show up everytime. This time around my repair permissions just sits there with the spinning bar. I left it a good 1/2 hour plus with it no progressing. This happens in the OS and when booting to the leopard disc.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I have the permission issue on the 2 machines I've upgraded to Leopard. Did a clean install on both of them. Still had the errors right when the system first booted after the install.