Does anyone use Paypal's IPN service?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VBGOD, Feb 5, 2005.

1. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

It's been so flakey. Now it doesn't even work. WTF! I did a quick search on this, and a bunch of people are saying it doesn't work. What does paypal say? It's fine and works. :ugh: Paypal is probably switching their system where people need to pay to use the IPN, and will announce it in 3 weeks. :o :(

2. Juvenall

Juvenall What Would Juvie Do?

No problems with IPN here. I have a subscription service that requires it and things have gone fine today. All 8 signups looked to have worked as expected:dunno:

..though, I'll be super pissed if they do end up switching access to it on a pay system. :squint:

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

if you do 8 signups a day, it's probably more cost-effective for you to go to a REAL processor. I know I switched to Wells Fargo and they have rates that kill paypal. Better service, too.

4. Juvenall

Juvenall What Would Juvie Do?

Oh, I know and I do have my own merchant account through Chase. A lot of my members, however either a) don't trust a "no-name company" and feel better with PayPal or b) are underage and don't have their own credit card yet. They get their parents to fund a PayPal account. So I always leave it as an option.

..however, I don't *normally* get 8 a day..heh. It's more like 1-2 on average.

5. Paypal's IPN won't launch in frames...just thought I'd toss that in. Lost a few orders to that...