Does anyone ride the dunes?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by fst89lx, Aug 5, 2003.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I went to the dunes at silver lake (michigan) a couple of weeks ago and thought it was an absolute blast... except for the fact that pretty much 15 minutes after we got in I decided to climb my first dune at full bore (like hauling ass in 5th gear...) and I well umm chopped the throttle just as I crested it and took a huge dive over the bars :( Of course I held on to the damn bike until I could see behind me :ugh: when I hit I broke the flag off the back, cracked and chipped the front and rear fenders, and tweeked my knee so bad I couldn't stand for a few minutes... Afterwards I bought a new flag and we rode for the rest of the day.

So, does anyone else ride at silver lake or any other dunes for that matter?

I guess I have a question to add to my little story... I need a paddle tire, How many paddles should I get? 6,8,10? what does more/less paddles do for me? And just in case someone happens to know, where in the hell online can I buy a hub for the rear tire? The only place I can find them is on a OEM parts finder and they are 150!!

2. Undertow

Undertow Guest

We go to Dumont alot during the season(oct,april), it's just to damn hot to go any other time. I've got a YFZ 450, And my parents have a Raptor,Warrior,2276 Rail , and a 1835 rail. We LOVE it.

Paddle tires depend on what you ride and how you ride. The Number of paddles depends on how much power you have, The less HP the less paddles you need. V-Paddles do well for cornering and jumping, straight is for traction(drag racing).

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I have a yz125 so I guess I should go with 6 paddles then... I was supposed to go back up the weekend of the 16-17 but I can't because there is a nascar race where I live that weekend so if I asked for that weekend off, my boss would dick me over on my hours for the next two weeks since it is so busy during races :wtc: