MMA Does anyone not like thier trainer as a person?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by 4bangin, Jun 30, 2007.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

As in..he is an ass but an excellent instructor? Do you just put up with it or move on? My MT instructors personality has lately been going downhill because he is getting so caught up in the business aspect of it. Wondering if I should try to find someone else. There isnt really anyone around me that would be an equal coach..but might be a better person. Just wanted to see how the relationship with you and your trainers are.

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've liked all of my coaches. But sometimes the student coaches can be annoying.

3. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

if its making your training suffer.. and if its making you not have fun anymore, then move on

4. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

The best trainer I've ever had is kinda like this. He's actually an awesome dude in a lot of ways, and I still consider him a close friend of mine, though we're not as close as we used to be.

His problem is that drama follows him wherever he goes. He was Doug Marshall's (WEC LHW champ) first trainer...I honestly never got the whole, unadulterated story as to why they had a falling out but it involved several other shady ass backstabbing people, anabolic substances that may or may not have been procured for someone in a shady ass deal that someone else may or may not have been screwed over in, oh not to mention some random bitch that someone may or may not have been fucking that someone else may or may not have been schemin on. And it all culminated in someone who may or may not have just gotten out of the hospital after a diabetic episode getting jumped and ultimately choked the fuck out in someone's front yard.

And then theres the shady cop that lives three houses down from him that he trained for the police olympics boxing tournament, who hates him now and has his homeboys roust him all the time all up on some bitch he (the cop) was cheating on his wife with that he (my trainer) ended up fucking.

And then theres the owner of another gym around here that at one time hired him to do personal training/instruct at his place who now never fails to dog him out to anyone who mentions his name, all up on a dispute over money, who was gonna provide what equipment, who was gonna tell who what to do, etc.

And then there was the day that some jabronis showed up at his gym to repo a piece of equipment (we called it "the chair," don't know if thats its proper name or not...basically a chair on a rotating axis mounted at a 45 degree angle that is used to build core strength), and he claimed it was cuz someone else offered them more money for it and he refused to make up the difference.

And then there was the day that he got evicted from his gym, and gave me one of the most ridiculous explanations as to why that I've ever heard. And I work in commercial real estate...he had to know I would know it was all BS.

I got a little carried away with the anecdotes but there are seriously many more. Mention his name around here and everyone who knows him says the same thing,

"He's a great trainer but be careful"

:dunno:

I love the guy, like I said I still consider him a very good friend. But I just don't hang out with him much anymore...can't handle all the fucking drama. With that said, if I ever get the opportunity to train with him regularly again I would LOVE to (haven't since he got evicted). He brought the best out in me in the gym, no question about that.

He was supposed to fight tonight, in some show up around Sac. I've been trying to text/call for like an hour trying to find out how it went, nothing yet:hs:

5. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

My first trainer was the biggest shit head I ever met. He used to brag to me about beating his wife. He was also a known theif. Hence my leaving.

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:werd:

I only train with people I enjoy being arround and/or I work well with.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I really like my trainer as a person and most if not all the people I train with. I don't think I would stick around if I didn't... which is a good thing because there aren't many options that close to me. :x:

8. markfluko

markfluko New Member

my trainer (jonk is his username) really SUCKS as a person. and sucks as a trainer also... EXCEPT, we watch fedor hl's and train after them.

9. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

:rofl:

10. jonk

jonk lol

:wtc:

11. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I need to respect my coaches I can respect someone but not like them but its pretty rare.