Does anyone here so balance training?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by remike, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remike

remike the second coming

I've become prety interested in it and want more exercises to do. I pretty much just ride my bike with no hand and do basketball stands.

2. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

whatever u do dont mix weights + balances its stupid and gay and for those that like pineapples inserted in odd holes.

sleeping meds are kicking in and the monitor is moving farther away from me whoa this is scary.

3. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Especially if your training for certain sports. I do balance work w/ abs.

4. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

well lets see. ive been skateboarding forever so i've always had good balance. snowboarding also. most of my training is geared towards that. working core muscles obviously. db lunges seem to help a lot also. also an endo board is like the ultimate balance trainer (2nd picture that mcdermott posted) but i'd keep that shit indoors haha

5. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

squats and deadlifts /thread

6. remike

remike the second coming

I do squats and deadlift; I kind of forgot that good compound freeweight exercises incorporate balance. The rest of the balance exercises I do are without weights. I enjoy BMX riding, snowboarding, and a couple other things, so I'm just trying to keep my coordination, muscle memory, and over balance well tuned. I like having a strong core and useful muscle rather than beach muscle.

Btw, I'm about 4 months into my routine and feeling great. I might get around to posting some progress pics, but I'm really more of a lurker in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.