TAT Does anyone here have their labrette (sp?) pierced?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Liddy, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

I am seriously thinking about getting one. :hs:

Are you over it? Did it hurt? Do people pick on you?

I have had a nose piercing (which I did myself way back when I was a kiddie - about 13) before and just have 2 piercings in my lobes.

This is pretty outlandish for me so I am wondering if I am going to regret this later (stupid to ask other people I know - but I want to know what the general opinion on them is).

:hs:

2. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I had a vertical labret for a while. It was a look that didnt appeal to me over time but it looks fabulous on other people. Just didnt match my style.

There are a few different kinds of labret peircings. Mine came up through the underside of my lip and up through the top of my bottom lip. I have multiple piercings (and no, not in the ears ;) ) and I can tell you honestly that this piercing hurt more than any of them, including my nipples. Of course, everyones experience will be different.

Are you concerned at all about scarring in the future, should you take it out? Like most piercings, this one usually leaves a dimple on the underside of your bottom lip once removed. For most, this scar is virtually unnoticable..but it is there. If that possibility bothers you, this probably isnt the piercing for you.

As far as people picking on me?....Uhh..no more than they would for any of the others I have. I've never had anything more than the typical "oooohhhh!!! Didnt that huuuuurt???" comment.

3. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

On the subject of the labret, is a vertical labret supposed to have the upper hole sit close to your top lip when your mouth is closed, or in the middle of your bottom lip?
    Or is it a preference?

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

should be so that both beads are visible. its an anatomy-dependent piercing. not everyone has the proper lip for it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  5. Liddy

I was thinking of getting a monroe-like one. So not right in the middle but to the left of my lip.... I know it will scar but yeah...

I guess I am just looking to see what everyone's experience has been with theirs.

Cherryfire got any pics of yours?

6. Cherryfire

I apologize, this is a really crappy picture. This is a vertical labret, going up through the middle of my lip. The Horizontal does not have the visible ball on the top of the lip like this one does.

[​IMG]

7. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I've had mine done for several years now and I don't have any issues with it. It is in the 'traditional' centered lower lip position.

Mine did not hurt at all - the worst part was being able to hear the needle being pushed through. For the first few weeks while it was still healiong I had to be careful not to hook the inside flat back (I would recommend this over a fish tail type jewelry) on the inside of my lower teeth while I ate but I got used to it. I shortened the bar quite a bit so that it fits snug and that concern went away. I don't get any flack over it.

8. tonyk

tonyk New Member

:rofl: i found that "oooohhhh!!! Didnt that huuuuurt???" part funny as hell. i cant help but to laugh everytime i hear that

9. Evlteg

Evlteg New Member

long time reader new time poster :)

ive got my labret pierced - a lot of people think its different and i always get heaps of compliments about it from females (my fiancee loves it too lol)

i have had it for 2 years, with no dramas whatsoever - i love it and will probably never take it out

10. Cherryfire

Ha. You know what Im talking about! It gets old though. I dont even bother suppressing the bored sigh anymore.

11. audrey

audrey New Member

I have had mine pierced twice. Both time traditional centre. I love it. I haven't had any problems with it, besides a few healing glitches the 1st time I got it pierced. That would probably have a lot to do with 'partying' too hard and chewing my face off. But that's my own fault. Facial piercings are a bitch to heal.

Every man and their dog has a labret piercing in Melbourne. I hate the fact that it's so common..... but I am unsure about what exactly I want to do.

Vertical labrets are fucking hot. Apart from the fact I don't think I have the right kind of lips for it and it will stop me from sucking cock for quite awhile.

12. Cherryfire

This is true. I didnt consider that part of the equation when I got mine done. It was close to two months before I could perform oral without discomfort. Which sucked (no pun intended) since im one of those girls that ADORES it. :hs:

13. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

I don't have one, but most girls look really good with them :naughty:

14. audrey

audrey New Member

My SO is already pretty anti-body mod so It wouldn't be fair for me to also punish him (and myself :naughty: ) with a 2 month period of no blow jobs.

15. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

I had my labret peirced as my first peircing and honestly, I barely felt it and I have a low pain tolerance. I also had my eyebrow done and it hurt MUCH more than the labret. Also with the labret it's like a ear peircing, I had to take mine out for my job, but I was able to put it back in after 3 weeks of it being out.

A nice peircing, specially for a first timer.

16. Liddy

Yeah I have decided against it. :) Thanks for all the input guys. I might just get another ear piercing. :)

17. oh noes

oh noes New Member

the labret was my first piercing...did the centre and it didn't hurt that much even though the guy messed up the first 2 times and didn't get it right till the 3rd try :squint:

18. 323familia

323familia New Member

i have the right side of my lip pierced. was fairly painful, but i think it looks sweel

19. rioter

rioter New Member

wow, i would suggest never going back to that piercer haha with clamps there is nothing to a labret,nore freehand now that i think about it, unless your lip/skin is wierd heh, or he was doing some impossible gauge : 00ga labret with spacers could be interesting, cept you might loose food when you try and eat.

20. Dietrich

Dietrich Guest

It was my first piercing, and it didn't hurt that much really. I guess if you really want it done, you ignore the pain.

I'm left with a small scar since taking it out.

The thing which put me off after two years is that suddenly it's so trendy (in England at least) at the minute, especially to one side. Still, each to their own.

Tom