Does anyone here feel like this at times?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ms. UnderStood, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Ms. UnderStood

Ms. UnderStood New Member

I love my SO, there are times when I wonder if there is a person out there better for me/a person that can understand me.
    If you could see the future, would you change your SO for someone else?

2. Fantik

Fantik New Member

The grass always seems greener on the other side ... but hardly ever is

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

couldn't have said it better.

mind you there are times where there really ARE better peopel for you, but if it's good, why fuck it up thinking you'll find better if better really doesn't exist

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I dont believe there is, but if there was someone out there that was somehow (this is really impossible on so many levels) more perfect for me than my wife, it would still never cross my mind to be with that person and leave my wife.

I LOVE my wife, and no greener grass would ever make me want to jump the fence. I am happy because I am with her and she makes me happy...someone else might make me happy, but I wouldnt be truly happy because I would miss the woman I truly love with all my heart :)

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

grats on managing to be one of the few people who after a while is STILL a vote in the "got married and its wonderful" column. :bigthumb:

6. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

I agree with the "grass always looks greener" line... but I also agree on the idea that... what if it IS greener? Is devotion and love enough to keep someone from straying just to see? And if you do check out the other side, and you like it, should you leave one SO for another?

I don't know... ...

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

If you stray then you really don't love and respect that first person enough to begin with. For their sake you should move on if you have serious enough doubt in that 'love' that would lead you to stray (unless there is an agreement between you and you SO taht a llows for that kind of open relationship).

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

This is exactly how I feel :) If I had thought there was a chance that there was a "better" or "more right for me" person out there, I wouldn't have gotten married.

9. volcomstoner

volcomstoner New Member

You wouldn't be looking for greener grass if things weren't perfect in the first place. If everything was perfect, peace and love... you wouldn't be turning around to look at the other chicks ass... or thinking about the package in that guys' croch.

Once you are in love, it's easy to fall out of it. Maybe the person wasn't the right one, even thought it seems like it now.
    Shit happens. Things change, you find things out about people that might end up turning you off...

All I have to say is that if you TRULY love someone, you love them for who they are and all the baggage that comes with it. ;)

10. gkremian

gkremian New Member

My dad felt that way.. he thought he had everything figured out until he met another woman and had an affair. That was about 3 years ago. He ended up divorcing my mom and got remarried this august. I'm happy for him, because he's a lot happier now, plus my step-mom is a fuckin G.

11. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

You have to ask yourself if you're realistic with your expectations. Some peopel would never be happy because they expect perfection..a relationship that is perfect, no arguments, constant fireworks, someone who does everything "right", etc. That is not to say that you should settle for less than what you deserve either...but just be realistic and understand that no mate will ever be perfect and every relationship has its problems/issues.

I think it's a common thing for people to wonder about the grass on the other side if they are still young and/or they haven't really dated many people. I am not implying that your first or second love can't be your true love but generally speaking, sometimes it takes meeting many of the wrong peopel in order to find the right person...sometimes you truly don't know what you want in a relationship and out of a mate until you've been in several relationships.

12. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Thank you to you both for not abusing the institution of marriage and/or contributing to the ever-climbing divorce rate in this country! :bowdown:

Too bad this attitude is pretty much GONE now days. Now, everyone's about instant gratification, "what feels good," and thinking that nothing lasts forever so it's not worth trying in a relationship. :ugh2: