MMA Does anyone feel unsatisfied with the cards lately?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

The last PPVs I really liked were back in August...UFC 54 and The Final Conflict 2005.

UFC 58 looks good...Pride 31 looks decent :hs:

2. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

the even numbered UFC's are usually good...54,56,58 etc

Pride numbered events are usually not that great....29,30,31 etc...they are usually testing grounds for new fighters and for upcoming tournaments

3. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I don't care about UFC 57, I will watch but not crawling out of my skin for the event to come like I am for UFC 58. My two favorite fighters Ace and Rush, both in fights they COULD lose, I will be biting my nails for them haha.

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

UFC 58 is gonna be awesome.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I'm rarely unimpressed with pride cards, aside from Bushido last year... but even then I enjoyed the event, it just didn't sound very appealing before I actually saw it.

Contrastingly, UFC rarely impresses me with their cards. Half the time it's one big fight and a bunch of peole I've either never heard of or crappy fighters that I do know of (or just bad matchups). Once in a while I'll see a UFC event and be on the edge of my seat the whole time though. It varies.

6. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

the UFC that had Lidell vs Couture 2 was really good

7. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

i like it when they put two guys who have everything to lose against each other. Although I sort of want them both to come out winners... I also wanna see one get destroyed... am I a bad person? =P

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Kind of like the Cro-Cop vs. Fedor?

I enjoyed that fight because they're two very skilled fighters and yes it was much more passionate and personal to both fighters because Feddy had a title to preserve and Cro-Cop had worked so hard and finally gotten to where he wanted to be. I was actually kind of rooting for Cro-Cop but wasn't surprised when the fight turned out the way it did.

9. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I think is what we will see at UFC 58 finally.