does a ring on her finger mean shes married

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 98formyws6, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

as the question states does a ring on a girls left ring finger mean shes married/taken, she's hispanic btw.

reason i ask is theres a beddie (chick) i've been diggin and i dont want to seem like a huge jackass and ask her out if she is

2. StealingBread

StealingBread New Member

I'm not sure, but it's ok to ask her "You seem like an awesome person(or whatever compliment) and I was wanting to ask you out, but the ring you're wearing threw me off, are you married, by chance?" Just be gentlemanly abotu it and you won't get slapped.:)

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

lots of unmarried girls wear rings

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

dont start out by complimenting her, she gets that all the time and it wont help your cause. Make her earn a compliment, don't just throw it at her like all the other guys do

5. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

If there is a diamond solitaire involved, yes. Otherwise, probably not, though not everyone follows the "standard" tradition.

6. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

well all her friends are nerdy (nothing wrong w/ that) so it seems like shes the shy type

also i saw her in the summer and told her my fall school schedule and i was suprised to see she added a class im in and talked to me when she came in (i actually dont know that well at all)

and later today she was talking w/ my friend and she asked my friend bout me, dunno if those are good things? i'm a dope when it comes to these things

but whatever, i'll just ask her out and take it like a man if she turns me down

also whats a diamond solitaire?

7. awlewis

awlewis New Member

a solitary (or single) diamond ring

So what if she is married. Just tell her you were unsure and didn't mean any disrespect.

8. drjamima

drjamima Active Member

Can't hurt to ask

9. armond

armond New Member

Exactly, some women use the ring to ward off people. Best bet? Ask, be up front. You don't have to compliment immediately, it is a compliment enough that someone is inquiring about it. It obviously means you are at least slightly interested. That is an actual compliment.

10. MP525i

MP525i New Member

there are some crazy girls out there... at least in nj. went out with a group of my bro's friends and this one girl, who was single, said that she has a "back-up" ring (looks like an engagement ring).

from the horse's mouth: "i have this ring i sometimes wear when i go out. it gives me a lot more attention."

i just gave her the :ugh:

11. keleko

keleko yes, he is

i see a ring, i won't even bother the attempt
    not worth my time or effort, as clearly the ring is there for a reason - if not married, then to at least to say "go away already"

12. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

while going at it from behind ask her if shes married

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

As a married woman, I appreciate this.

14. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

i have a fake engagement ring just for that purpose, to mean "back off I'm taken"

too bad that i have found It makes people talk to me more when I'm out by myself. So now I rarely ever wear it.

15. sparq

sparq New Member

Well yeah, if you are wearing it and out alone... we tend to think there is trouble in paradise and you might be an easy score :mamoru:

16. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Sometimes a ring is a family heirloom. Also, some of us are not traditionalists; my engagement ring does not have a diamond solitare, so ...... just ask. What can it hurt?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  17. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

out at the grocery store or th emall or at work or something mundane and not party related . i don't club or party.

18. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

i'd say just ask. it can't hurt anything. just don't be a pompous ass about it.

before i was engaged, i used to wear the promise ring on my left hand when i would go out with the girls.

now that i have the glass cutter, i of course wear it on that finger and it tends to work very well. a guy will come up and start chatting. if its anything but friendly conversation, i casually pick up my beer with my left hand and start gesturing with it. they usually see the rock pretty quickly and bail out.

makes me laugh every time.

19. :smile:

:smile: New Member

best idea. this way you find out without being an asshole & if she's not married you're more likely to get a yes out of her

20. Bella

Bella New Member

I wear a ring on my Wedding finger and I'm not engaged or married. I wear it because it's my favorite ring and it fits on that finger I guess. I have another one on the same finger just on the other side.

Just ask her cant hurt, if she gets offended just say you didnt know because you know single girls that wear rings on the finger. It's innocent

21. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

if it looks like two rings, she's married. if it looks like a big diamond, she's probably engaged.