SRS documenting my detox

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by turbobuick420, Feb 2, 2007.

1. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

I have been snorting heroine for over a year now. nobody knows except me and my friend. i only know one person to get it through. he has been my best friend all my life, but he has ruined my life. it is a real pain in the ass to get it, i have to drive to the ghetto to get it which is pretty far.
    i started off doing it after i had kidney problems, it made me feel better. after that i only did it like once a month for a while. then i slowly started doing more. right now i am up to about 2 pills every 2-3 days. the most i spend in a week is less than 100 dollars. i havnt pawned any of my stuff or stolen from anyone. but i see people like that and it scares me.
    lately i can go about 3 days before i get sick. the sickness isnt too bad but i have a hard time working with it. my friend gets sick a couple hours after taking it. i called a few doctors to see if i can get help but it would be weeks before i could get in and more weeks before they prescribe me anything. also it will cost 500+ to have that done.
    i really want to quit now, i am very unhappy. i live in a shitty apartment my car is falling apart, i have had to cut all ties to all my friends. i feel very alone. which is the hardest part. i am going to try to quit cold turkey. i would taper down but i dont know if that will hurt me or help.

the last time i did any was wednesday evening. i feel alright now. i have the shits a little. but other than that i feel good.

any comments or suggestions are appreciated​

2. S4Driver

S4Driver New Member

Good luck to you, hang in there. Even if its as you say, weeks to get anything perscribed, you can still quit then. Do a little more research on the phone and online to see what is available in and around where you are.

3. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

thanks, from what i hear it takes about 7-10 days for the withdrawls to end. i really hope its less cause i have a lower tolerance. im just trying to stay busy. cause when i sit at home it drives me insane.

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

go to an NA meeting

5. NoQuarter

NoQuarter New Member

are you saying oc pills or percs or actuall h bomb pills? If its percs or oc then what i suggest you do for the first week is find some hydrocodone, only a few. They will help with the come down and withdrawls. Cold turkey is very hard to do (been there). Suboxone is also a miracle for people who want to get off. I have used it many times to help friends and family get clean forever.

I guess the first thing to ask is what are you symptoms when in withdrawl...restless legs at night? Sweating, hot/cold spells, goose pumps etc. I need to get a gauge on how bad they are...3 days isnt enough to see how bad its really gonna get. Thats just about the start for most.

But i will tell you this...by about day 10 it gets so much easier every day from there. You need to do things you love to do (i know its hard because you probably assoc it all with being high) but do them sober. Once you see how normal life is again, you will be much happier. If sleeps a problem then you can use something for the first 4-5 days, after that it will get easier. I used xanax since i have a prescription but something like melatonin at 9mgs and hour before bed may help you.

Give some more info and i will try to be as helpful as i can. Just stay positive no matter what. Also when in withdrawl take and advil or to for body aches and sit under hot water for 20 minutes or so, it helps alot.

Get lots of vitamin c and multi vitamins as well, start flushing things out.

Stay strong

6. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

im using heroin mixed with dorman:wtc: i snort it. the withdrawl i feel is diarreha(sp?) anxiety, restless, upset stomach, alone.
    a gram mixed is like 40 pills. the most ive taken at once is 4 pills. lately i take 1 or 2 every 2 days. i can only remember one time having a hard time sleeping. usually i sleep too much. i dont really crave the high feeling. i just cant take the anxiety of withdrawl.

my "friend" gets sick after 1/2 day of not using. he pukes uncontrollably. he is supposed to start suboxone on tuesday. i want to quit now, i never realized i was an addict till now. i went to the grocery store last night and got a lot of healthy foods fruits and veggies and i take vitamins and fish oil.

i am going to look into na meetings tommorow, i need some sober friends badly.

7. i killed tupac

we will help you detox too if we need to. We'll lock your ass in a bathroom with a loaf of bread, jug o water and pack of cigarettes till you're done shaking if we have to! :hug:

8. Metal

Metal Active Member

Get to a Doctor

Get to an NA Meeting -- Ask for numbers and you'll have a handful of them by the time you leave the meeting, guaranteed.

9. i killed tupac

:h5:

10. Aradia

Aradia New Member

Absolutely. They are the only ones who know how to get ya free...

I got 14 months sober from various things. I go to AA, though...even though speed was my thing. You can't get sober if you get high...just a tho ught.

11. i killed tupac

welcome to R2R :wavey:

12. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

im seeing a doctor on monday i cant do it on my own.

13. S4Driver

S4Driver New Member

Good luck, please do your best to not use until then! Keep us posted.

14. i killed tupac

so, where we at?

15. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

i havnt used in 2 days. i feel like crap. im being put on suboxone on monday so i have to be in mild withdrawl when i go in. im going to do just enough friday night to not be sick, then i am done. i will update more often after monday. i went to a meeting a couple nights ago, it helped alot. i plan to go to one this weekend too.

16. i killed tupac

yes! the 12 Steps have worked for millions, and will continue to work. They are cognitive, life changing and effective :bowdown:

17. Okami240

Okami240 New Member

You should try and look for a methadone clinic near you and talk to them. Methadone is given to many people addicted to opiates, it comes in liquid and pill form, taking it will allow you not to get sick and it will not destroy you for taking it. You first start out with a dose that stops tyou from being sick from not taking a opiate, then you slowly lower the dose like every month untill you the dose is so low you can stop taking it with out getting sick.

After that its goin to be up to you to control and stop using drugs and talking to people about your problem us goin to help you alot. Right now your problem isnt out of control and you should definitly use the time now to get off it before it destroys you. Methadone can definilty save you, I watched my dad for years addicted to vacadin and I watched him even take longer trying to get off it, he tried cold turkey and failed, and he went to rehab many times but always relapsed. It wasnt till he found methadone till he finally beat his addiction. Gool Luck.

18. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

from what i hear the methadone has worse withdrawl than heroin. also you can get high on heroin while using methadone.
    with suboxone, from what i hear it blocks the heroin from getting you high. and withdrawl is supposed to be very tolerable.

19. i killed tupac

well, its gonna suck. just do it.

20. Okami240

Okami240 New Member

When using methadone people that want to get high on herion will have to use a much stronger dose to get high because methadone also blocks you from getting sick and high. I read up on suboxone and it sounds just as good as methadone, methadone is not harder to get off of then herion. Suboxone sounds like a good medicine too and I hope it helps you beat your addiction.

21. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

i just got back from the doctors office. i feel really good. i think this is going to work.

22. Aradia

Aradia New Member

:wavey: thanks :)

23. Aradia

Aradia New Member

Hope your doing okay...have you found any meetings? You'd be surprised how much easier it is with some people around you who can relate. NA/AA:hs:

24. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

working on day 5. no cravings at all. im taking 3-2mg soboxones a day. i have a headache right now but other than that i feel good. im going to a meeting this saturday.

25. Boosted_AWD_

Boosted_AWD_ 10,000 Watts RMS

how are you doing today?