SRS Doctors suck.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Jan 28, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

They really do, when ever they get someone that does not seem happy or does not smile enough they assume depression. One of my friends goes to this crappy doctor and the doctor told her a lie to get her to take Effexor, then never told her any of the side effects. Now she is withdrawling from it and the doctor is trying to get her to keep taking it. Stupid HMO doctors. Why does everyone have to smile and be happy? Back in my freshmen year people never saw me smile and I was not depressed. Niether is my friend. Some people just are not cheerful. Also another question.. Someone who has a hard life are they going to be happy? No.. I know when I was having a hard time my freshmen year. I would come home and sleep, but as soon as my life got better. Things got better. Why dont doctors try a bit more on helping someone improve there life before they feed them pills?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2005
  2. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Only pain is real, happiness is just an illusion.

I prefer the illusion. I'm on 50mg of Paxil per day, and am happy just because of it.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :) :) :) :)

3. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

And it's my opinion that everyone should be happy. Shyness, anger, hate, etc are all accient emotions caused by selfish DNA. If these dissappeared in todays world...

no more wars

no more fights

more people coming out of their hiding places

no need for huge war budgets

global piece

... eventually a utopia.

negative emotions suck and should diaf

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

How is a doctor going to help you get better other than medicine? Whats he going to do... give you a kick ass anticdote? "When I was a boy your age, I was getting more pussy than garfield the cat." Har har, and off you go, knock-em-dead slugger?

If you're going to an MD, then all they can do is give you pills. If you're going to a psychiatrist and you don't want pills, then you went to the wrong guy. And if you are going to a psychologist, and he insists that you take pills and you don't want to... then its because you are so fucking sad, that you don't listen to anything he says, and you aren't making progress.

Which might describe you? You sound pretty bitter, and it ain't just about doctors. If I had to listen to you bitch about your life in the tone that you post in, I would get your ass on some drugs as soon as possible, or else refer you to someone else. ;) Then again... thats probably why I did not become a pshrink.

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

hes right, all they can do is give ya pills. talk therapy did jack shit for me.

i literrally fill my mouth with pills every morning. some are vitamins but most are pharms. makes me feel hella good. that's better then feeling like shit.

why not be happy? wanting to be sad is like condeming yourself to a life of cruel harsh painful reality

6. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

Most Americans want a magical pill to make all their problems go away :hs:

Some companies cater to that whim.

I suggest your friend find a new psychiatrist to talk to, one who is board certified and went to a very good university and has all the important credentials a good psychiatrist needs :)

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You guys are rediculous. You make anti-depressants sound like ecstasy or heroin. What a fucking joke. Anti-depressants are tools, that allow you to be happy enough to get your sorry ass out of the situation that made you sad in the first place. If you're depressed, then you're going to be "boo hoo hoo I am such a loser," and "I am so angry at everyone, but I'd rather be sad," and other maladjusted bullshit.

The pill allows you to be positive, to make a life for yourself that makes you happy. Then you come off the pills, and you're cured.

Amazing. Its just sad that sad fuckers have to make anti-depressants sound like crack, because they're too big of pussies to risk getting out of their depressed fucking holes and get out there and change their situations. Its scary to take responsibility for your situation, because there is a cure available. The idea of being in control and totally responsible for the way your life is, because you aren't wallowing in sadness, is scary. Its so much easier to just let life pass you by.

People piss me off. You wanna be a sad shitbag, if you think thats somehow noble, then fine. But don't come here and justify it by assigning some bullshit nobility to extreme and prolonged sadness.

My name is Peyompian HokusPokus Bustanut, and I haven't slept enough to be polite.

8. If venting is useful to you, then go on.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Do you all really beleive that someone cannot be depressed because of something that has happen in there life? When my dad died when I was in middle school. Do you think I was a ray of sun shine? Fuck no, I use to come home and fucking hurt my self and sleep all day. This went on for years, until things got better. Also dont you all know that depression and ADD is over deignosed a ton? What ever happen to dealing with problems. Another thing Do you think the doctor knows the whole story? No... How can a doctor decide if someone Clinically depressed or depressed because there life sucks. What it all comes down to. If your life sucks you are going to be depressed. What I am saying is so many people are depressed because there life sucks and not because its Clinical. Clinical depression means if you won a million bucks and had everything and life was great, you would still hate life or want to kill your self. Everyone, I do think Clinical depression is real, but its insane how a doctor in 10 minuites can proscribe something that should only be given to someone who is trying to kill them self. Also, why is it half the kids in my class are on some type of pill for something? Is 50% of todays youth really mentaly ill. One more think dont you think its fucked up a doctor would give out Effexor and not tell them the side effects?

Dont you all agree thats something my friend should know about? Doctor just told her that she use to take it and its great. Thats bullshit I know that doctor made that up to make her take it. Also whats with the bullshit between parnets and doctors. Parnet calls doctors and tells them kids depressed, Doctor with out really finding out gives out pills. To me this seems the case anymore. Half of these kids at school dont even think they are depressed. I FUCKING HATE HMO DOCTORS. I like my doctor but I think all of these overworked doctors at free clients my friend is forced to go to are fucking idiots who solve problems as fast as possible. I love how they talk down to you. Uh, Doc I dont think I am depressed, just some stress in my life. NO YOU ARE DEPRESSED TAKE YOUR PILLS. Everyone is against my friend keep telling her she is depressed. God if someone told me I was depressed every day I would beleive it. Anymore if you are not cheerful cheerleader you are depressed.

10. On-Topic may be a more useful place to debate the issue.

11. It sounds like you're frustrated by the systems inability to adequately handle these problems correctly, and you're right - there is a lot wrong with the current system, but at the same time I haven't any solutions. I can only tell you that I've been there.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

This is not even about me, its about my friend. Also, I use to have doctors try to shove pills down my throat all the time. When I was in middle school I was enrolled in some place, Medical center or something. WoW I loved being lied to. I was on anti depressents and did not even know it. Just because I was 12 does not mean you have the right to void my options. I think pills are right if you have it really bad and all elese failed. But nothing was tried and she cant afford therpey because of her HMO. O now the doctor is bitching at her because she stop taking them. The doctor should be at me because I got her too stop. I want to bitch that doctor out, cheap ass hmo doctor.

13. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Omg! Return Of The Parnets!!!!!! Johan!!!!

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Let me just say, she has nothing to be happy about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2005
  15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You aren't really mad at the doctor. You're mad at her parnets. Can you really expect a doctor to be effective in that situation?

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

No, but I expect them to be able to tell if its caused by the enviorment. Instead of ask 10 questions and throw pills at it.

17. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Thanks, it was helpful.

18. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

That's just what I was thinking.

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

How so?

20. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Wont on topic tear it apart?

21. Dave, I think you should probably keep this thread in Asylum. I suspect the issues at hand are really far deeper than they appear.

22. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

It doesn't matter if its caused by the environment. If she is depressed, then she needs to be medicated. Lets be clear here, this is clinical depression we're talking about. We're talking about illness.

Think about this: is she better prepared to deal with her parnets' bullshit when she's really sad, or kinda happy? Just because she is in a bad situation doesn't mean she has to be mired in sadness. If she were happy, then she might be able to make the best of her situation.

23. You're angry for very good reason. The people you expect to protect this person aren't doing so - both in terms of her health, and at home in her family. The ignorance in the office, and the abuse at home are both harming someone you love, so of course you're going to feel this way.

24. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Honestly Peyomp I think you are right. But she needs a good non HMO doctor that can get her set up with the right dose and right drug. Also I dont think it should be something she should have to take for the rest of her life. And EFFEXOR IS NOT A DRUG TO TAKE if you just want to take it for a short period of time.

25. More&Faster

More&Faster New Member

werd to Peyomp

MD's arent really qualified to treat mental/emotional problems. its nice that they can give you pills, but thats it. when i go to my doctor, she just asks me whats wrong, i tell her, and then she leaves the room and comes back with a bag of pills. i ask her if there are any side effects, and she invariably says, "no". she's probably smart enough to know some of the side affects just by looking at the ingredients, but she just doesnt care i guess.

anyways, if you need help with head problems, go to a head doctor. and for god's sake, if you're going to take drugs, atleast make an effort to improve your situation to the point where you dont need them anymore. they can be a wonderful tool, but if your mind wants to be sad, over time it will find a way to be sad. (there are exceptions ofcourse)