TAT DOB/DOD tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by vitamin dew, Feb 2, 2007.

1. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Ok, so this is an idea i've been thinking about for awhile and ultimatly hasnt happend because I still have one grandma who is alive. What I want to do is get the date of birth and date of death for my grandparents, and eventually my parents, on the back of my arm as my way of remembering them, rather then a portrait or an item of interest. I want it to be horizontal and in order.

Moms side on the left, Dads on the right.
    19xx-20xx--------------19xx-20xx
    .............--------------19xx-20xx

Third spot being empty for now because my Grandma on my moms side is still living.

So, basically my question is if anybody has any pictures of tattoos dealing with dates. I don't want them in any scrolls or banners or anything like that, just pure numbers in the form of a date.

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

if you wan't it to be complete, i can have it arranged for a few hundred dollars.

3. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

4. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

do you only want to put years? if you are putting day month year, i would seperate the numbers with a decimal. what about names?

02.01.2007 grandma dew 02.02.2007

i suppose it depends on the size of your arm

5. Memor

Memor Active Member

we talkin about back of your forearms or back of your triceps?

do you want it in a row like you posted, or following the line of your arm like dubrocker just posted above?

6. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

Waiting on grandma to die to get a tattoo. lol. sorry. good idea to remember everyone though.

7. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Uh, back of my arm like triceps. Just above the elbow line, but obviously enough to fit 3 lines of dates. I hadn't thought about doing day.month.year but thats a good idea. It'll be either that, or just the years.

Memor, it would be almost like 2 seperate lists. Left arm being my moms side, right arm my dads.

like...left arm example

2000-2006
    2000-2006
    2000-2006
    ...but different years obviously :mamoru: And possibly with day/month/year if I go that route.

8. Memor

Memor Active Member

i like the idea a lot. I tried lookin through tattoo galleries and such for date examples but pretty much came up empty handed. I think your best bet would be to search for calligraphy examples and work off of those.

9. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Any idea how much it might cost? I've got some extra money since my birthday JUST passed :rofl: Maybe get an idea before I actually go in for pricing.

Also, now that I think about it, I should probably have the most recent at the top, since i'll be adding to this eventually. So for alignment purposes having both grandfathers(first to pass on each side of the family) right above the elbow will allow for it to be even as the others are added.

10. v12oom

v12oom OT Supporter

i was thinking of doing the same thing, but in chinese characters sincce im chinese. was gonna get my grandmas names on both arms. wondernig how much this would cost as well.

11. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

i meant like this:

left arm
    01.01.2001 jim bob 01.01.2002
    02.02.2002 susan 03.04.2009
    02.02.2003 grandma 03.04.2011

right arm
    01.01.2001 sally 01.01.2001
    01.01.2001 uncle bob 03.03.2003
    01.01.1923 grandpa 01.01.2002

obviously the spacing is off and the dates would be different, but i think it would better serve as that individual's memory if the info was a little more personal than a year. you probably wouldn't pay any more than 150 bucks.

12. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Well yeah, I said i'd consider doing an actual dob/dod rather then just the year. But as far as the names go, I don't want that.

Still can't find any pictures of something like this either :o everything is in a banner. Oh well, i'll just go with it. Not like its a tough concept to understand, i'll just print it out how it would look