MMA Do you wear MMA stuff outside of training?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I used to play volleyball in my NoGi Jets, but they are very low key with almost no visable logos.

I have a CSI MMA shirt and a Ringside Muay Thai shirt. The one time I've worn my MT shirt to class and stopped at the supplement store, I ended up in almost a 30 minute conversation with the huge bodybuilders there. The guy was asking me about where I train and what I thought about Mike Tyson in MMA and about Bob Sapp (vs Nog, and also in K-1).

My friend that doesn't train wears alot of Everlast and Full Contact Fighter tshirts, but he's a huge fan of the sport.

2. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

i wear my inspirit shorts at the beach and for just weightlifting. i wear my sinister mayhem shirt, and 62 gear shirt regularly.

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah dude, i wear my white GI with my white stripe-less belt wherever i go, to the gym, to school, to work i even sleep in that motherfucker, i'm that hardcore.

:o no i don't really wear any, i might wear a shirt to lift at the gym or something but thats about it

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I was thinking about getting some 62 gear after seeing them sponsoring Vulgar, how is the qiality? Shit that will last? I know it's just a tshirt, but I figured I would probably order a few to be worth the shipping.

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i was also wondering about them, they have some really cool looking shirts, wanted to know what the quality is like

6. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

Once I was going to get a haircut, so I just grabbed the first dirty shirt in my dirty clothes basket. It was my gym shirt, you know it says the name of the gym and has their logo.
    The haircut lady was like "oh wow do you do kickboxing? My boyfriend, blah blah blah"
    Otherwise I only wear it when I stop at the grocery store after class.

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I wear my old ass sprawl shorts to lift weight time to time. I don't really have a lot of mma clothes but would like to get some, I love the full contact fighter logo, I would love to get a shirt someday.

8. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

its pretty decent, the shirts itself are by gildan, with 62 just doing the designs on them. theyre 100 percent cotton, nice stitches and pretty thick. i have a couple of shirts where companies use gildan and they all seem to last awhile. black starts to fade though after like 2 years. i like the shirts that i have by 62. a lot of people have complimented on it.

9. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

i want to get some yok'd, but the shirts i want are out of stock.

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

That's one reason I like NoGi, they aren't instantly recognizable like Sprawl. But I have some new Phantoms coming with comp logo's, so I'll probably stick to wearing those in the gym.

11. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

I like to sag my muay-thai shorts and play basketball in them...

...just kidding. I will run in them occasionally, though. I wear my Team Quest and my trainer's shirts just like any other t-shirt, and my Fairtex jersey is equally great for warming up before fights AND sporting around town with some basketball shorts. I also wear my camo Tapout shorts around... just because they're comfortable and feel like boardshorts.

Once I was walking around an outdoor promenade and I heard some punk teenager behind me saying something about my shirt (that advertised my coach's kickboxing gym) and how he was going to beat my @$$... I paused mid-step, slowly turned my head, and looked directly at him with an expression like I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't even need to say a word; he glanced at me, looked away quickly, and suddenly became VERY interested in a nearby stand. LOL.

12. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

No. But then, I don't really own any. I wear plain t-shirts with no logos at all...thats just how I roll though.

I do occasionally wear boardshorts w/my gyms logo:dunno:

13. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I want to rock some baller Fokai shirts but their online store has been down for awhile. I would also rock one of those BTT t-shirts if I could find a good store online.

14. Sammo

Sammo New Member

a Team Quest shirt would be cool too, but it would be nice if I had actually spent some time in Portland before wearing it :hsugh:

15. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I wear my GI while racing.

16. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

I have a Fedor shirt and I wear it....but nobody knows who he is so I has never brought up a conversation

17. DerekForeal

DerekForeal Diamond Member

i've worn my sprawl shorts swimming a couple times, wear them to the gym all the time.

18. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I want to buy some Sprawl shorts but I think by the time they get to Canada they will cost me about $150

I need to find a place here to buy them

19. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

I wear my board shorts when I run, and to the beach sometimes and whatnot. I have a fwe MMA related t-shirts that I just wear on a day to day basis as well.

20. DerekForeal

DerekForeal Diamond Member

im in Canada as well and you are most definetly right. on my last order i paid ~60$ just in duty. its quite rediculous. a buddy of mine runs a small shop for fight gear, im trying to convince him to carry sprawl, i'll let you know if he does.

21. Sammo

Sammo New Member

thanks

22. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

i have a Nogi hoodie...but i've never really worn it...not many chances to in Florida :o

23. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

24. Sammo

Sammo New Member

25. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Wear my sprawls around sometime because I dont have any other white shorts. Nobody's ever commented on them tho.