Do you wash someones car if its going to rain the next day?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by gandhibrokemyskates, Feb 26, 2005.

1. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

Suppose someone wants their car washed and vaccumed, and the next day its going to rain, maybe even the next 2 days it's going to rain. Do you still wash it? Maybe the customer doesn't know its going to rain, do you tell them?

If its going to rain the next day, I'll tell the customer. Why bother washing it when its going to rain the next. If you do it, its money in your pocket, but you maybe faced with having to do a "raincheck" wash. Which is bothersome to tell the customer, you don't have it, and you jipped them? sorta?

:dunno: :embd:

2. black 3g

black 3g Guest

my buddy and i have an offer that if it rains within 24 hours, we will wash it for free within two weeks of original detail. we dont offer this for a basic wash and interior cleaning only though.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I tell the customer up front that rain is in the forecast and let them decide. Often, if they need the car clean for something important (like a date or a business client) they go ahead and have it done.

I ran into this on Wednesday. It had rained in the morning but was sunny and dry by afternoon. I called my regular afternoon customers to ask if they still wanted me to come out and two of them wanted their cars cleaned despite the forecast. Usually when that happens, the next week I'll used a booster wax on their car or something similar and it makes them happy.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Yes... both on my car and customers. I can't stand the dirt being on there, sometimes you just need to get it clean since it got so dirty thanks to going 2 weeks or snow or something. I had a customer do it last weekend, they were having it detailed to sell (was already sold, a detail was one condition of the sale), so they really didn't care. After they saw it though, they didn't want to take it in the rain... and they didn't want to sell it then :mamoru: