do you typically ask someone you're attracted to to "hang out" or "go on a date" or ?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ohgod123, Mar 8, 2010.

?

which method do you prefer when asking someone out?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2010.
  1. "let's hang out"

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. some form of asking someone out on a "date"

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. i use another method

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. ohgod123

ohgod123 OT Supporter

whichever method you prefer to use, why do you think it's more effective?

2. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

I've NEVER used the term 'date' with a girl in any serious manner before taking them on a few actual dates. I don't NEED to tell a girl of my intentions... I let them be known through my body language and how I interact with her. I could see that if you're NOT good at relaying your intentions, than maybe saying "hey lets go on a date" is a good idea. However, I think that most men who are comfortable dating and comfortable going after what they want won't gain anything from it.

3. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i make out with them, that gets the point across

for the thicker headed ones, fingers in the pussy.

cereal answer: i dont think i've ever used some form of "lets go on a date" before as a first move, but i'm not against it

4. Ferrari430

Ferrari430 New Member

"lets hang out" - doable but imo weak. more something you would say to a friend, not someone your sexually attracted to

asking someone on a "date" - too forward, unnatural, and can trigger a negative response from her..not my style

my "method" - to have already planned out an activity for a specific day, and ask her if she would like to join me. If she's interested, she will either say yes or suggest another time she is free. If not, then you know to move on to the next one

5. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

I never use the word date. :nono:

Recently I ran into a girl from college (we hit it off with one night in the past but nothing came of it) and I texted her "You are looking fucking hot :)" and she told me "Haha thanks, you can take me on a date."

I acted all cool with it but didn't text her until the day of and she was upset so I haven't seen her since and now she has a bf.

[​IMG]

6. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I hung out with my husband as friends before we got together.

We spent time as purely friends and it bloomed from there.

Less pressure gives more results

7. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I don't generally use the terms "hang out" or "date". Then again each situation is unique so I don't have a specific line I use. I'm sure I have used both "hang out" and "date" in different scenarios and they both worked. If I were going claim to use a specific phrase more so than others, it would be something like "Do you want to get coffee?" or "We should go get coffee."

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I might not specifically say date, but by the end of the conversation both of us know that it is more then just hanging out.

Why beat around the bush? If you leave it ambiguous and the girl is dense, then it might come as a surprise when you make a move.

Or

For the virgins of OT that have a damn hard time making a move, I think it'd be easier to do for them if they already knew the girl they were out with was cool with it being a date.

Leaving it up for interpretation can make it go in directions you don't want it to.

9. ForgottenSpiral

:werd: on all counts. Fuck all that "let's be friends and see where it goes" noise. Waste of my god damned time is all that is.

10. Reign

Reign Banned

11. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Nice shoes, wanna fuck?

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Geez, everyone hates the term "date."

Although I say "i'm doing [something], you should come with."

This is one of those retarded subcommunication games that you have to play with women. By saying "blah blah, you should come with me" it's implying that you want to date her, altho if it doesn't go well and you try to kiss her and she balks she has plausible deniability ("what? This wasn't a date? You said we were just hanging out (as friends)!"), but at any rate, you should be able to tell from her body language and interest if she's up for a kiss or not.

I think I would use the term "date" if I was dating a southern chicks, because they seem to formalize dating more than the rest of the country, but I would never date a southern chick because 1) I'm not a cowboy, 2) they all think men should pay for stuff, and 3) they're all married by 24 anyway and if they're not, they can't wait to get married. :mamoru:

13. themolsen

themolsen New Member

I don't say "let's go on a date," but I do say "let's go out" and make sure to make it obvious it's a date.

One thing I've done a couple of times that seems to have good success is to be a bit spontaneous and short-term about it, and suggest something fun. "Hey, we should go ice skating tonight" "OK!"
    lol TRUTH

14. jonno

jonno New Member

i've done both. i dont think this little stuff really matters, though. if a girl is into you she's fucking going out with you whether you call it a date or a whateverthefuck

15. ForgottenSpiral

Fucking :werd:

16. Vysion

Vysion New Member

This.

I've heard from many women that when a guy asks them on a "date" there is unwanted pressure to "force" feelings or a relationship. You don't want a woman getting that "pressure" feeling.

17. ForgottenSpiral

What pressure? If a woman is into you, she's not going to freak out and run just because you imply you want to be more than friends. If she's into you and you let it known you're into her too, that's a good thing. If she does run at you wanting something non-casual, then you've saved yourself the trouble. Unless you're one of those commitment-phobes too, in which case "just be friends and see where it goes". :rofl:

18. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Not everyone has the picture perfect good looks and personality where the girl falls instantly in love with them. That shit is for the movies in fictional land. It takes time for real women to develop "feelings" for someone. Any "pressure" will turn a woman off and she'll convince herself she doesn't have any feelings for that guy. Attraction for women isn't as straight forward as it is for a man.

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I love when people talk as if their rationalizations are facts.

I, and many others that post here, must all live in fictional movie land :rolleyes:

20. ForgottenSpiral

:roflw: Is it me or did Vysion basically just say that I have picture perfect good looks and a personality where the girl falls instantly in love with me? Because that's what I got out of that. :dunno:

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Yup.

Though in my case he's right :coolugh:

22. ForgottenSpiral

BAZINGA!

:mamoru:

23. Reign

Reign Banned

I kinda agree with you but... I dunno. It's more about the situation. Dating is about getting to know someone and if you go straight into dating, like whoever said earlier, it puts a certain strain on things. If you just hang out and get to know each other things work great. However you have to know you're attracted to one another first.

However, that can easily be sabotaged... It can simply be someone telling the object of your attraction that you "like" them or think they're cute. I've been cock blocked twice like that in the past 2 fucking months. Ohhhhh they thought they were helping but they sure as shit were not. Now it's awkward when we even talk... fucking bitch (the friend not the girl)....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  24. THoC

THoC New Member

i really do not put that much thought in to it.

i ask them to hang out.
    lets go on a date.
    come to dinner with me.

i have no idea. not once have i tried to kiss a girl and she backed away w. "wait! i thought we were just hanging out".

my body language from when i first meet them is pretty forward and lets the girl know im not asking her to chill w. me as a friend.

25. Reign

Reign Banned

There's too many variables in this. Because I've done both although I've never specifically used the word date.

And it depends if I'm trying to jump ladders or not (which I can do with about 50-75% success IF someone does fuck me over).