SRS Do You Trust The Credibility Of The Asylum Moderators?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by METALLlC BLUE, Feb 15, 2005.

1. In this thread I'm going to kill two birds with one stone: Based on your experience here in Asylum, and in private discussion, do you trust the judgment, advice, and credibility of the current moderators of Asylum? I personally trust Dave Steel, Tigerlily and Throwdown. I do not know Sicklife.

I'd like to hear views from the members.

While stating your view, please do so with tact and respect - even if you dislike someone. Simply saying you dislike someone is ok, but if you insult, or critique in such a way that I feel it's inappropriate, then I'll ask that your post be removed. If you continue to post inappropriately you'll probably be banned.

The second bird being killed: When this post reaches 2 pages I'm going to have one of the moderators read some very important documents that will help resolve some credibility conflicts I've come in contact with here on the forum. The moderator will read the documents in private, and then share a brief synapses of their conclusion and judgment.

The reason this is being done is because a number of people - not just one or two - have challenged my circumstance and think I'm handling myself inappropriately here on the forum, not only that but I've been accused of lying, potentially malingering or simply seeking attention - so I'd like to shunt that issue today and get back to helping members work through the difficulties in their lives.

While I could let this issue go, I think it's important that the members I'm helping understand fully -- and without question -- the truth of my situation, and hearing it from a credible moderator will even that score. Once done, I don't want to hear about the health credibility issue again. If I, or the moderators do - you'll be banned.

2. johan

johan Active Member

I have no problem with Dave.

I barely remember ever reading anything by the other mods, and certainly nothing at all from SickLife.

Of course, that also precludes them doing anything particularly wrong. I'd probably remember that.
    As it is, I barely know their names.

My question to you, MB, is: why do you care what other people think? Plenty of people regularly thank you personally for helping them. Surely you can't think you could please all the people, all the time.

Those you've helped, know it. The others...leave them be.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. As long as they respect the rules of interaction, there's not much else that can be done.

3. Banrion

Banrion Guest

You're one of the most trustworthy and credible people I have come across on here. Hope you get things resolved regarding this matter.

4. tweakerpc

tweakerpc Guest

As longs as the mods don;t bann they are cool :bigthumb:

5. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I think they're alright..

I mean, you give straightforward, honest advice MB... it's what's needed but some people don't like being told the truth or anything.

6. n00b

n00b Guest

im very new here, but this place (especially u, MB) likely saved my life a few times.

7. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

Ignore the haters. They're just looking for something to take their frustration out on.

8. I am not here to prove a point to those who don't believe, it's to validate and confirm to those who do believe in what I say, and the experience, strength and hope I have tried to offer. It is about practicing what you preach, - living by your word - and not merely doling out advice indiscriminately without ever knowing what it's like to walk the type of paths that most of you walk. Many of you experience great pain and suffering, and this is to show you that you're really not alone, and that I'm not just text on a screen telling you what I think you want to hear.

The moderator will make it clear what the facts are after reading all of my medical records. The reason this is being done is because the members deserve to know exactly who I am and what exactly I'm being challenged with. They need to see that I'm as imperfect, as ill, and as fragile as the most difficult cases this forum has to offer. We all need to stand up and be honest about who we are: what our shortcomings are, and demonstrate to the best of our abilities through our example what our positive qualities are. None of us is merely text on a screen. We're real, real passionate, real problems, real hope, and real suffering. If we're ill mentally or physically, angry, rape victims, children of alcoholics, or suffering from anything which holds us captive, we need to shout it out and tell the truth to those we come to for support and whom we trust, and we have to come to see ourselves as we really are: our limitations and all. Then we need to be able to accept what is, and decide who we're going to be in relationship to that true - whether we like it or not.

We are what we are and that is the truth, and I am afflicted like you, struggling for my right to survive in a world that didn't want me, and certainly didn't deal me the hand I desired - but like you, I'm still here.

9. angerisagift

angerisagift It's all about the Red... Not about the Green!

I personally have no problems with any of the moderators here. But as for you, MB I have the utmost respect for. My thread in here is going on what? 7 pages? And in each page you've given me very valuable and credible advice and I thank you for that. Not to diss the mods, but I havent seen anyone else show as much dedication or concern in my thread or in some others for that matter. The mod name I see the most is dave steel. Who is also very helpful and I'm thankful for having here.
    But as for you, I think you're very helpful, concerned and dedicated to this forum, which is why I had asked how come you weren't a mod in my thread the other day
    When I turn to you/this forum for help, I dont come here for medical advice or anything like that, I know that only my psychologist can do that, and thats why I'm seeing one, but I come here to talk to my peers and get their opinions/advice/support etc.
    :wavey:

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I should not have been banned, but... other than that... :big grin: ;)

11. Fearan

Fearan Guest

I'd just like to say that anyone who says they doubt you MB is probably because they are jealous of your inner strength and the power of your words.

You've been one of the most positive aspects of Offtopic since I joined, and learned a shitload from your posts.

:mb: :big grin:

Keep on rockin' man.

12. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Sorry Peyomp. I have found it to be a law.
    Some of the people that I have reason to dislike the most, I later like the most. :o

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I trust all the mods in this fourm.

14. johan

johan Active Member

Ha ha, does it go the other way too?
    Meaning people you like initially, turn out to be a big irritant later on? ;)

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I really don't care if anybody is lieing about their problems. It doesn't matter because even if they are they obviously have problems that they need to talk about.

16. Radiohead

Radiohead Everything in its right place...

i really only know one of the mods here....... Throwdown :love: .........i trust him with my life. as for the others, :dunno: but i've never seen or heard bad things about the advice they give :hs:

17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Metallic Blue, the reason that some people don't trust you is because you suffer from x-zillion diseases, and some people think you make them up just to get attention, so that's why they think you are lying about it.

I agree and believe you, and for those like you who ACTUALLY have (figurally speaking) an entire medical encyclopedia on diseases, it must be very hard and bouncing against the chest to hear that someone does not acknowledge your lyme disease and what not more.

However i would like to make it clear to you, that a natural dosis of sceptism IS a good thing, this doesn't particulary focus or concern on or around you, it's a natural thing to devellop for to be sceptical to a certain pattern of lies/ for instance when a person says.

I have a cat.

(is quite different from)

I have a cat, and
    i have a dog, and
    i have a horse, and
    i have a lion, and
    i have a dragon.

simular in your case,

if you would just say, i have lyme disease.

but when it becomes a list like

i have lyme disease, and
    i have chronical fatigue, and
    i have mental ilness, and
    i have seen 3000 psychologists
    i have seen 10 000 hospitals.

It's not a accurate reflection of course, but maby you understand that this pattern makes people think and say to themselves ' yeah right ,sure you have 5 billion(imaginary) diseases' , you see it just crosses their border of believe.

And that's why so many people tend to disbelief you,or at least question your sincerity around your situation.

I hope this doesn't offend you, it was just to make the situation clear to you.

People came to me too asking the question,they said' is Metallic Blue just an imposter or what?,they said, geesh that guy has more diseases together then all the people in the united states.

And i will be honest to you that i myself briefly questioned your situation as well, for i read an article that lyme disease could be cured within 10 weeks of active treatment, but it was an open thread to you(and im not sure if you remember) but then you told me extensivly about the difference between chronic lyme disease, and the cases of misdiagnosed people which in then immediatly restored my full trust in you.

I myself dislike gossip to the outmost and despise talking around the backs of people, reality however is that i have been very worried about you, maby it's just also the frustration that your disease just isn't going away, many people here on ot asylum like and love you, and we really feel bad for you that that lyme disease isn't going away,

so partially it's disbelief and partially it is dismay, which is basically caused by the heavy severeness of your ilness,and the frustration for a cure to be found.

I hope that sheds a light on the situation, no one was intentionally out to hurt you by asking themselves these sceptical questions, they just wanted to know if 'it' your lyme disease and many others, where really the case, or if you where just trolling in need for attention,allthough you are not like one of them, you may by now that there are some screwed people who demonize this forum, and that's why the newcomers have a healthy dosis of sceptism against the people they meet here in asylum.

18. dave steel

Metallic Blue sent me a 20 page file of his medical records. After going over them I have no doubt of their authenticity. I don't see that it's necessary go over each point. I've read most of Metallic Blue's posts and let it suffice to say that his said ailments line-up 100% with this 20 page medical file. Apart from all this concrete evidence I can only think that the immature, ignorant, callous, and those blind at noon-day are unable to see the transparency of Michael. The ignorance of people make me all the more glad that a all knowing God is our judge and not man.

19. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

Metallic Blue I dont know you at all But I do read up on your posts and The name that comes to my head the most are you and "JOHAN" you two are always on here helping people giving people hope while you struggle to maintain your own wellbeing or lack of.

I would like to personally thank you two. And let the haters be. They wont get any attention or interaction from anyone.

20. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I don't mind anyone :)

21. Thanks. The issue can now rest.

22. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I think we should ban Glassuser for not updating his string of threads about that girl. Who's with me?

23. dave steel

Good point. When people put up a post they should follow through on it. I have seen where people have obviously spent a lot of time and energy commenting and it's as if the person that put up the post abandoned it. :hsnono:

24. dave steel

Absolutely. It's as if they're on their best behavior initially. It doesn't take long before the real self is revealed.

25. I've done that once or twice. Sometimes once I get the answer I'm looking for, I let the thread die. However, other people actually sometimes seem to want to know how the story ends.

I appreciate you reading all those records by the way. It was a lot to ask, but I trust you a lot so, I'm grateful you took the time to do that while still honoring my privacy.